Weekend Wildcard Oct 15th

Mikelle

Limbo Challenge!  How low can you go?  Or more accurately, how far can you narrow down the time?  Below, I'm going to give you a specific date.  See what photos you can find that were taken as close as possible to that date.  If that limbo bar is too low to get under, then raise it to the month mark - see if you can find photos that were taken during that month, and if not the month, then raise the bar to that year.  Make sense?  Eventually you'll get under that limbo bar!

If you're too young for the date I chose (congratulations, lol), or if you'd rather do this challenge a little differently, Google the date and find something to scrap about - your page could be about something that happened that day/month/year, or about someone like a celebrity who was born then, or about the #1 song on the Billboard Top Hits that day, etc.

I'm using a random date generator to pick our date... here it is:  June 12th, 1994

Good luck, and let me know if you have questions!  When your layout is complete upload it to the Weekend Wildcard Challenge Gallery, then come back to this thread to leave a link to your page so that we can all admire it!  

• Like 1

You do know that we did not have cellphones with cameras in those days? 😆  I don't have any photos that far back. I'll have so see what I can come up with. This one is going to have me scratching my head a bit. 

• Haha 2

Here is Grandmothers' Arms. This was an intriguing challenge, Mikelle. I had to go back to my photo albums since this predated anything I had digitally. On the page marked May/June 1994, I found these three photos of my nephew with his grandmother and great-grandmothers.  All three of these ladies have been gone for more than 10 years now, so it was very bittersweet.

Here is my page. June 12 is our anniversary so this was easy for me. '94 was our 23 year and we loved to go to this German Restaurant because it reminded us of our years living there. Great challenge Mikelle.

• Haha 1

I was  just looking for some other photos and found one I had scanned of my daughter and my mother dated 1994. So I might be able to take part. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Just thought I’d look what were the headline news on that date…. On June 12, 1994, Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman were slashed to death outside her Los Angeles home

😧  !!!!  I did not Google this date - I had no idea!  I remember that happening, of course, but not the timeframe.  And really, it was the day after my college graduation?  I do not remember that.

LOL, it sounds like this WAS a bit of a challenge.  Next time I try a random date challenge, I will only go so far back as digital photos (maybe 2001 or so?) for the date range in the random date generator.  For the most part, I have scanned in all of the paper photos from pre-digital that I can find - except a few albums my dad recently gave to me.  I need to get on those.

@alsoarty, @A-M  I'm sorry about your lost photos.😔

• Like 1

When I got divorced in 1997, I made traditional scrapbooks for my three sons with most of my actual photos. So for the Weekend Wildcard Oct 15th Challenge, scrapping about the date of June 12th, 1994, and when I saw that was the day Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman were murdered, I created:

June 12th, 1994 -pg1   and June 12th, 1994-pg2

18 hours ago, Mikelle said:

😧  !!!!  I did not Google this date - I had no idea!  I remember that happening, of course, but not the timeframe.  And really, it was the day after my college graduation?  I do not remember that.

LOL I did not know that date, but I know when it happened. Crazy that that date came up.

18 hours ago, Mikelle said:

LOL, it sounds like this WAS a bit of a challenge.  Next time I try a random date challenge, I will only go so far back as digital photos (maybe 2001 or so?) for the date range in the random date generator.  For the most part, I have scanned in all of the paper photos from pre-digital that I can find - except a few albums my dad recently gave to me.  I need to get on those.

@alsoarty, @A-M  I'm sorry about your lost photos.😔

Luckily SOME of my photos were saved by my sister, that's why I had that one of my children. I remember sitting watching the chase on TV of OJ. What a joke, and then he got away with it!

On 10/15/2022 at 3:25 PM, Boatlady said:

Here is my page. June 12 is our anniversary so this was easy for me. '94 was our 23 year and we loved to go to this German Restaurant because it reminded us of our years living there. Great challenge Mikelle.

June 12th was my parents' Anniversary also!  I somehow missed the date when I commented on your page.  😊