November Photo Pages

Boatlady

I hope everyone had a fun Halloween I am happy to say I did not eat one piece of candy. The holidays are flying by next is Thanksgiving for some of us I am sure I will eat then!! LOL

This month's Scrap Girls Forum game, November Photo Pages, is designed to help you get more scrapbook pages done with a series of simple steps that add up to a finished page at the end of each week. But watch out, some of the tasks may be tricky, some others a little more difficult.  When the month is over you'll have completed several layouts and been treated to some fun along the way.

I will post a task daily with loading to the gallery on Saturday but Sunday you will get a break

Prizes:

• Members who complete and post all 4 layouts in the HODGE PODGE GALLERY will be entered in a drawing for one of two $10.00 Scrap Girls Shop Gift Certificates.
  • Each completed layout posted in the Hodge Podge Gallery, up to 4 per member, will be entered in a drawing for one of three $3.00 Scrap Girls Shop Gift Certificates.

You have until 11:59pm ET on 30th November 2022 to complete the steps and post your layouts to the Slow Scrap Gallery. There are no daily time limits.

You can post your daily progress if you wish, but this is not a requirement.

Here is how to post your "progress" in this game thread.
  • Make sure you save your layout as a PSD/layered file first.
  • Save your layout as a .JPEG at 72ppi with a size of 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels) this is smaller than you would normally save for the web.
  • Follow the first part of this tutorial by April How To Post Images In The Forum to post your "progress" in the game thread.

So why not join us for a month of fun and friendships? Please feel free to contact me if one of the tasks is unclear. I will not be the Page Police so not worries  just have fun and make that page!!!  Get that camera out and start taking photos.

• Like 1

November 1

Most of us have a Love/Hate relationship with Selfies...kids love them, older ones like me struggle with them while my husband really hates them. So this weeks page starts with  selfie photo or photos. Use as many as you want. If you really dislike yours then you may alter it or use an effect on it. Have a great day.

2 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Done a selfie… I hate them. Lol. It’s a hard one, but I did it.

Good challenge, right... You can do it.

November 2

Time to add a background, this will be fun....add two papers. Plain or pattern, or one of each it's your choice but there is a little twist with this task. The twist will be you need to blend, texture it or use brushes with the clipping mask. I'm making a mask and will clip a paper to it. I have been doing that lately and really like the affect.

Add some embellishments that suit your photo or photos. As many as you want but here is the kicker--- NO flowers. It's the 3rd so leave love on 3 pages in any gallery. Pretty easy day so enjoy it.

8 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Add some embellishments that suit your photo or photos. As many as you want but here is the kicker--- NO flowers. It's the 3rd so leave love on 3 pages in any gallery. Pretty easy day so enjoy it.

Debby, Do we need to leave links here to the layouts we LSL?

2 minutes ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Oh I'm a hater of selfies so will be altering mine in some way :) looking forward to playing once I've taken that dreaded photo :) 

Then quite the challenge Jane. You can do it. The rest will be fun. Promise. 

47 minutes ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Here is mine so far, my selfie was awful as I'd just come in from digging the garden and was shattered so I added a water colour effect to it :) 

selfie.jpg.006b97b6f55ebe21a57e961c71aecc63.jpg

Great selfie altered....see it's not so bad! I love the background work too.

Nov.4

Today it will be easy. Alpha title any size you want, anywhere you want. However there is a  little twist today that you also need to add either word art, a special saying,  a quote or poem.  Have fun.

Nov. 5

Well this week flew by it's time for the last task. Add any journaling and include a date so down the line you will remember when it was taken. Time for shadows if needed. It's a weekend so post some love on pages no need to keep track just do a few because everyone loves comments. Post your work of art in the HODGE PODGE GALLERY

I'll give you a heads-up for next week...Motion more clues on Monday. Have a great weekend ladies.

10 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Ive changed my selfie :) I added a word art with my embellishments so changed that to a butterfly and added the word art with my Alpha title. Also left love on 3 LO's

title.jpg

That’s awesome with your changes. Thanks for leaving love 

On 11/3/2022 at 3:37 AM, Boatlady said:

No flowers! You’re killing me… lol. My name is Andrea-ROSE…. LMAO.

Thank you everyone for making the wonderful "selfies"....Once you do a few they get easier  so that way you can capture moments or place with out asking someone to take your photo.

10 hours ago, alsoarty said:

No flowers! You’re killing me… lol. My name is Andrea-ROSE…. LMAO.

Oh no....I sure didn't mean it that way. I meant flower flowers🏵️🌻🌷 pages can be overpowered by flowers so I wanted everyone to make a different style page that is all.

• Like 1

Here I am with my other wig. I prefer the dark brown one more. My eyes are red here because I am allergic to the eye drops they prescribed for me. I have to lubricate my eyes because there are no lashes to help. I just thought I’d share it here. Selfie taken in June 2022.

44AECB98-3121-4E11-94A3-EBC991BE7C5E.jpeg