New Forum Ranks & Achievements - What is Your Opinion?

April Showers

With the latest forum upgrade, the old Member Ranking system (which was based on post numbers) was deleted and a new Achievement System replaced it. Ranks have been moved to an image by the user's profile photo. When hovering over the image, you can see the member's rank. 

Currently, the forum has the default ranks and achievements. The new Achievements System did not automatically apply past data to current achievements for members. Your numbers started over time of forum upgrade. 

The good news is that once I set up our new achievement rules and ranks, I will be able to apply your previous posts and content to the new system! :spartying_100-137: The new system uses points and badges. It is flexible and can be edited to be based on post numbers, like the previous version, though I can set it up to give points for other things as well. 

This is where I'd love your input! 

Since I'm starting from scratch on these, I'd love your thoughts and ideas on the new ranks. The previous ones included New Girl, Good Girl, Hot Girl, SG Next Door, SG Girlfriend, SG Devotee, Hot Scrapper & Wise One. We still have the blinkies for SG Girlfriend and Wise One. 

Let me know if you had favorites from the old ranks as well as those you didn't like, and I'd love your ideas for some new rank titles. 

• Like 2

I am sure there was one that I liked:  Scrapper Friend

I know the name of the site is "Scrap Girls"  but I am not so  happy with the title of "girl" for us.  I personally do not like "Good Girl" or "Hot Scrapper".

If I remember correctly ,  April, you were able to leave me as "Scrapper Friend" as I liked that and did not want the follow on ones. 

With thinking about this, I presently cannot suggest any new titles. 

• Like 1

To be honest, I really never paid any attention to the old ones, the new ones got to be fun with us posting our new ranks and laughing!
I'm glad you are able to restore our previous posts and content, that's wonderful.

Since I really never paid attention to the old names, I'm not sure I'm of any help.  I like all the ones you mentioned, Scrapper Friend sounds great because it's what so many of us ScrapGirls are.  

Maybe "World Scrapper" for one?  Scrapping Addict?   I'll think more on it, but the names aren't a bit deal.

THANKS!  April.   😊

• Like 1

I admit I did like being called a "Wise One"; it made me sound so... um.. wise. :D But the new ranks make a lot of sense and are fun. I do like the new names, except for collaborator. I just hope you can restore our old post numbers since I've been participating here for a lot of years. (As you know, of course.) Thanks, April.

I should have shared in my first post..... 

Can we do without the ranks?  Are they necessary for the program? 

4 hours ago, Florida granny said:

I admit I did like being called a "Wise One"; it made me sound so... um.. wise. :D But the new ranks make a lot of sense and are fun. I do like the new names, except for collaborator. I just hope you can restore our old post numbers since I've been participating here for a lot of years. (As you know, of course.) Thanks, April.

Your post count is the same, but once I set up new ranks, I can have them apply to all your previous content - so you'd probably have all of them. ;)

Just put on my thinking cap and came up with these suggestions:

Very Active Member

Well Known Member

A Long Time Member 

Like (nearly) everyone else the titles haven't meant a lot to me in the past. My participation here has absolutely nothing to do with the incentives and everything to do with the friendliness of the ScrapGirls site and the quality of the products.

As for names for the various levels - I think collaborator should be dropped. It amde us laugh but the connotations are too strong for it to be an acceptable title. I too like Wise One and I think Scrapping Addict would be a brilliant title!

I really appreciate everything you do for us April!

• Like 4

Yes!  That was the one I couldn't remember - Collaborator.  I had a lot of fun posting when I became that, because it sounded sinister, but as Hilary said, its connotations are strong.  😱   So I'd vote for that one being gone.   I'm really happy you can restore and combine our old numbers.   And, while I didn't pay a lot of attention to the ranks, I think we should keep them.  Like Belle and Diane, I think "Wise One" did sound kind of cool!

Echoing others - thanks for all you do April!   😊

• Like 1

Thanks for the explanation April. I kinda like the little badge. Whichever system gets used...how about "Scrap Lady" once it gets to a certain level.

• Like 2

On 11/4/2022 at 4:40 AM, englishrose said:

Like (nearly) everyone else the titles haven't meant a lot to me in the past. My participation here has absolutely nothing to do with the incentives and everything to do with the friendliness of the ScrapGirls site and the quality of the products.

Yes, I agree. However, the ranking system is a great way to encourage involvement - really liking the new (colorful) system! I also noticed you can add TAGS to your gallery uploads!! This is wonderful if you want inspiration. Easy to find LOs by a search/sort by artist, challenge, subject ...

I have to admit, while I think the badges' names' are fun, they don't impact my involvement at all.   ScrapGirls' charm for me has always been its friendly, helpful and kind members, as Hilary said.   I have found no other site in any venue has what we do and some of it goes way back!   I love that I can look at a little thumbnail on the MB and know that's Jane's Grandchildren or realize I've watched Carla's girls growing up from little ones in her layouts!   It's special.    That said,  the badges are colorful and fun to watch evolve, but they change nothing in what I do.   I have no idea what I was in the previous version and it took someone else a while ago to point out that I was coming to a big post of numbers!    

• Like 3

I'm late to the conversation, and don't have too much to add to what's been already said.  The rankings are fun but don't sway my involvement one way of the other - I'm here for the friendships, the products and learning from one another. And inspiration from everyone's layouts and different styles. I like the idea of personalizing the ranking to our scrapping theme - Scrap Addict, Scrap Lady mentioned already by others stand out as fun titles. A twist on another that's been mentioned, "Wise One", might be nice as "Wise Scrapper".  

• Like 1

Agree with @A-M   additionally, I like Gal instead of Girl.   The titles are cute but unfortunately, they do not inspire or motivate me.  It is a cute concept.  I enjoy Scrap Girls because of its super friendly forum and gallery inspiration and affordable digital scrapbook kits.  The forum games are fun, and I have learned a lot.

• Like 1