Currently "Reading"

Amy D

Reading is in quotes because I find it much more fun to listen to audio books! I can work on something tedious (chores, physical arts & crafts projects like fussy cutting, or even masking something in PS). Currently I'm listening to Home Front by Kristin Hannah - she also wrote The Four Winds - which I highly recommend.

Home Front is set in the mid 2000's, as we get a glimpse into the life of a family who is dealing with marriage, kids, a deployment and a career minded defense attorney.

The Four Winds is set in Texas & California during the Dust Bowl & Great Depression. It is historically accurate as we are enthralled by the main character's tenacity!

BTW - I have an app called "Libby" which uses my library card - so I'm not buying books or paying for a monthly subscription!

3 hours ago, Amy D said:

Reading is in quotes because I find it much more fun to listen to audio books! I can work on something tedious (chores, physical arts & crafts projects like fussy cutting, or even masking something in PS). Currently I'm listening to Home Front by Kristin Hannah - she also wrote The Four Winds - which I highly recommend.

Home Front is set in the mid 2000's, as we get a glimpse into the life of a family who is dealing with marriage, kids, a deployment and a career minded defense attorney.

The Four Winds is set in Texas & California during the Dust Bowl & Great Depression. It is historically accurate as we are enthralled by the main character's tenacity!

BTW - I have an app called "Libby" which uses my library card - so I'm not buying books or paying for a monthly subscription!

Reading is in quotes because I find it much more fun to listen to audio books! I can work on something tedious (chores, physical arts & crafts projects like fussy cutting, or even masking something in PS

I also like listening because then you can keep  your hands busy at the same time.

• Like 1

Yes!! It's like listening to a radio show - so good! I'm not really sure why you can't listen to an audio book immediately through Libby - but I currently have  books on hold - The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and 2 others

16 hours ago, Amy D said:

I'm not really sure why you can't listen to an audio book immediately through Libby

Since Libby is connected to your library it can only lend out how ever number of copies it owns. For example I’m on a wait list for James Patterson book (22 Seconds, in The Women’s Murder Club series. ) My library has 4 copies  currently there are 10 people waiting for each copy. Right now I’m 31st in line, started at 55th. Another site you can borrow from is the Internet Archive. It’s not connected to any certain library and it’s free although the highly encourage donations. Not only do they have ebooks and audiobooks, the have music, old radio shows, etc. Some copies of books you have to renew every hour, not sure why so just check the lending options before you borrow. I’ve only used the site a couple of times so I’m still learning my way around. 

• Like 2

These are all great tips and ideas.   I've found, though that I am so much more a visual learner than an auditory one, so whenever I try to listen to a book my mind wanders and I suddenly think, what did they say - and have to rewind.  Over and over again!   I used to listen to tapes at night, but then I fall asleep!    🤣 :banghead: 

I have a cousin who always has earphones on listening to books when doing projects.   She also listens when she drives long distances!

That's great information, Kelly.   @ladyscrapalot

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...