Thoughts about Windows 11.......

ladyscrapalot

I upgraded a few weeks ago, and it went pretty seamlessly. However, I am using a computer that was only a few months old. The folders and systems menus are arranged a bit differently, as is the task bar, power button, etc. Honestly, I became used to it all pretty quickly and use the search button when I can't find it in the systems menus. I admit I was intimidated to try do the upgrade, but for this first year with all my new computer setup we got the tech contract, and I figured they could bail me out if I needed it. Fortunately, I didn't need it!

3 hours ago, Celestine said:

I upgraded a few weeks ago, and it went pretty seamlessly. However, I am using a computer that was only a few months old. The folders and systems menus are arranged a bit differently, as is the task bar, power button, etc. Honestly, I became used to it all pretty quickly and use the search button when I can't find it in the systems menus. I admit I was intimidated to try do the upgrade, but for this first year with all my new computer setup we got the tech contract, and I figured they could bail me out if I needed it. Fortunately, I didn't need it!

Thanks for the info, Celestine! My computer is only about a year old. When we set it up my husband said better stay with 10. He never specifically said why. 🙄. When I went to get on this morning it was almost like I didn’t have a choice. I figured I would check my peeps who use their computer for same reasons i do. Guess I’ll take the plunge. 😬😊

I'm going to resist as long as possible. My special built computer is only 3 years old and I'm told doesn't have the right equipment. I don't want to have to get a new computer yet. I love the one I have. It is more like a game computer than a regular one, graphics are great and tons of memory!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Revisiting an old thread here on Windows 11. I was wondering if anyone else is completely frustrated by the automatic black window in the File Explorer preview pane. PNGs that are black (like most brushes, masks, some word art, etc), are VERY hard to see. I miss, miss, miss the white preview pane. The only solution I have found is to change the entire color scheme to high contrast, using their pre-programmed "Desert" theme. That gives me an ivory File Explorer preview pane and some earth tones for my bars and such. However, the colors for the ScrapGirls website are altered as well, and none of the bars are filled in between sections. I don't even have the icons in the message boxes, just words. Maybe I need to go restart my computer......

Nope, that didn't fix it. I am going back to the original color scheme, but I was wondering if anyone else has found a fix to the black preview pane in File Explorer? When I go online it says the only fix is to change to a different high contrast theme, but only "Desert" provides an option that doesn't make all the background black and the text and such white, which I think are the themes you use if it is very sunny. 

Grrrr.... Does anyone else have this problem?

• Sad 1

I've had this problem before but I don't remember if it was before or after any updates. lol! I search online and found what you were talking about their pre-programmed "Desert" theme. I looked in my settings and under Contrast Themes I have "None" selected. I only use Dark theme on my iPad/iPhone, TBH I didn't know you could do change on a PC. I also found this article but I don't know if it would be useful to you. Technology can be wonderful yet so frustrating at times.

9 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I also found this article but I don't know if it would be useful to you. Technology can be wonderful yet so frustrating at times.

Yes, thanks. I am having no problems opening the preview pane and it works just fine, but when we upgraded to Windows 11, Microsoft changed it from white background to black. I appreciate you looking into this, Kelly!

• Like 1