Cs2 Question

Guest bellagirl

Guest bellagirl
I just googled CS2 and came up with many sites. One of them [Bestdigitalsoftware.com] had an unbelievable price of $149.00. a savings of over $1000.00. Could this be possible? dh was going to get me this program for Christmas but I thought it was too expensive. If I could get it at this price maybe I will change my mind and buy it myself. What do you think? check it out.

Guest Sharebear57
That may just be the upgrade price. I got PSE5 for Christmas and money from someone else, so I called Best Buy to see how much CS2 was and they told me $169. I knew it was too good to be true, and when I got down there, the price they quoted me was for the upgrade only.

Guest bellagirl
[quote name='Sharebear57' post='85235' date='Jan 17 2007, 09:02 PM']That may just be the upgrade price. I got PSE5 for Christmas and money from someone else, so I called Best Buy to see how much CS2 was and they told me $169. I knew it was too good to be true, and when I got down there, the price they quoted me was for the upgrade only.[/quote]

This is a savings of over $1000.00, it says that on the site. Go to bestdigitalsoftware.com. I would like to know how legitimate this site is.

The part about saving over $1000 sounds way off to me. I bought the full version of CS2 (not the upgrade) from Adobe for $600. Even if the $149 is legitimate, I find it hard to believe it can be $1000 savings.

Good luck with your purchase!

Guest gauchogirl
I used to work for Adobe (in fact was the Project Manager for both Photoshop and Illustrator) and know no authorized source could sell it for this price (a full version that is). It is either an upgrade or a black or grey market copy. While it MIGHT work just fine for you, you may find when registering that the serial number is not legit. If this were a legitimate deal I would be as shocked as I have ever been in life.
I went to their site and the first sentence starts "More than just an upgrade..." leading me to believe it is an upgrade. Also, they don't ship you a physical product it is DOWNLOAD ONLY which means you aren't getting it the way Adobe sells it. Again, probably black market.
Hope this helps!
tonya

Guest bellagirl
[quote name='gauchogirl' post='85257' date='Jan 17 2007, 09:40 PM']I used to work for Adobe (in fact was the Project Manager for both Photoshop and Illustrator) and know no authorized source could sell it for this price (a full version that is). It is either an upgrade or a black or grey market copy. While it MIGHT work just fine for you, you may find when registering that the serial number is not legit. If this were a legitimate deal I would be as shocked as I have ever been in life.
I went to their site and the first sentence starts "More than just an upgrade..." leading me to believe it is an upgrade. Also, they don't ship you a physical product it is DOWNLOAD ONLY which means you aren't getting it the way Adobe sells it. Again, probably black market.
Hope this helps!
tonya[/quote]

I am definitly skeptical, thanks for the input. Carole

Also, on the FAQ page it states that it is sold with no licence and is only for personal use. The fact that it doesn't have a license seems like a warning to me. Also there is no tech support, no manual, etc. Sounds fishy.

I bought the whole creative suite through Adobe, and even though the price was high, I know I have support from Adobe should I need it and that the program is definitely legal.

Beware!! There was something on 20/20 or a show like that all about these types of sites. It is illegal plain and simple. Adobe does not allow companies to purchase huge quantities of photoshop and then sell them by download with no license. Also, a lot of these sites wont refund your money, it's pretty much a scam.
The only time I have seen that low of a price was for the upgrade.

So what happens if you actually buy from such a site?? You end up getting a copy of the program, but its an illegal copy with no support? uuuurrrggg....that would make me feel really fuuny and kinda nasty everytime I used it.

So if these sites are so easy to find using search engines, how come Adobe doesn't have people out search and destroying?

Makes me mad....my brother designs some software and got completely ripped off once, someone stole a copy of his program and was selling it for cheap everywhere, he hadn't totally finished it yet so the copyright wasn't in place (one of his first programs so he didn't know the ins and outs yet) and some big jerk ended up making money off his design. grrrrr.

• 1 month later...
It might be a really cheap price if it's the student version - but beware of these as you have to prove you're a student to Adobe before you can get the activation code off them. That said if you are a student (or you have one in the family that will let you use their computer) then it is a cheap way to get hold of the software.

I was just wondering about how much CS2 cost and then I happened upon this thread. It is sad to think that people can be so misleading. It really makes me hope they get caught. I am with whoever posted earlier about Adobe needing to be on a "search and destroy" mission.

Jenn

Yep the only place that you could get it for this price is if your a student. Usually through universities, and you have to prove that you are a student... even if purchased online you still have to prove it before you can get the activation code. If you are a student at all, this is the way to go - check it out through the university. From what it's saying on the other though it sounds a little fishy with no license, etc. Good luck.

[quote name='chickypow' post='85406' date='Jan 18 2007, 11:02 AM']So what happens if you actually buy from such a site?? You end up getting a copy of the program, but its an illegal copy with no support? uuuurrrggg....that would make me feel really fuuny and kinda nasty everytime I used it.[/quote]

I used to work for the credit card industry. IF you had used a credit card (never use debit online!!!!) and you found out it was illegal. You should call your credit card company to dispute the charge immediately!! You will have to do a little work, but you have very high chances of getting your money back.

Angela

Archived