Jumpstart January 2023

April Showers

Jumpstart January 2023

It's time to kick off the new year with some fun and a focus on scrapbooking! Join us for "Jumpstart January!" This game and challenge will focus on taking time to scrapbook regularly despite the little "speedbumps" of life. When the month is over, you'll have completed several layouts and been treated to some fun along the way.

• Some tasks will require message board participation or gallery posting.
  • Check each day’s task for that day's requirements. Some days will have no requirements.
  • The tasks eligible for drawing entries will have the word “REQUIREMENTpreceding them to make them easier to find.
  • "LAYOUT TASKS” will be shown in purple.
  • You don’t need to complete all the “required” tasks to be eligible for the drawing, but you do need to complete at least three of the layouts.

Prizes: For each layout and “required” task you complete, you will gain one entry into the prize draw. At the end of the month, I will draw two $10 Gift Certificate winners.

You have until 11:59 p.m. ET January 31, 2023 to complete the tasks and post your layouts. There are no daily time limits.

Upload your layouts to the Jumpstart January Gallery.

I've linked the tasks. The bolded ones are "required" meaning that I'm tracking them for the drawing.

Task 1
Task 2
SPEEDBUMP
Task 3
Task 4 
Task 5 
Task 6  
Task 7  
Task 8 

Task 9 
Task 10  
Task 11
SPEEDBUMP 
Task 12 
Task 13 
SPEEDBUMP 
Task 14 

Task 15
Task 16 
Task 17 
Task 18 
Task 19
SPEEDBUMP
Task 20 
Task 21 
Task 22  
Task 23 
Task 24 
Task 25 
Task 26

• Like 1

Maybe I always start with this challenge because I need to do it - especially getting those photos from my kids. ;)

January 1st
TASK 1 - Have you downloaded all your recent photos to your computer? Take time today to make sure you have gotten the photos from all your digital devices. Don't forget to check your phone and tablet. You may also want to contact friends and family to get copies of their photos.

• Like 1

January sounds like it's gonna be just as busy as December was! Ha, I just did this yesterday - lol, asked 5 ppl for pix of my mother! I have all the pix she took, but very few of her!

• Like 1

Happy New Year!  🥳
I thought same, after December and all that scrapping I need a slow-down, not a jumpstart!    🤣

But Jumpstart January has always been fun.   I'm committed to Challenge Chase, but let's see if I can keep up with JJ!

Thanks, April!  

I'm in! Can't back up today but will definitely do it tomorrow. I've had a new hard drive here since September and haven't done a thing with it. Tomorrow will be the day. Last years Jumpstart January was alot of fun and set my tone for lots of scrapping time. Looking forward to it. 

January 2nd  
TASK 2 - Choose 2 or more photos from TASK 1 and edit them to make them look their best. You can use basic touch-ups, or you can get adventurous using presets, filters, styles and/or actions.  
REQUIREMENT: Share the techniques or tools you used in this thread. Sharing a photo is optional. 

• Like 1

Task 1: Back up... all of my photos are taken on my iPhone which makes back up pretty easy.  Things back up to iCloud and I always back up to Google Photos and Amazon Photos.  The photos which I want to scrap get backed up to OneDrive but that happens on an as needed basis.  
Task 2: Editing... I use the native iPhone photo app for most of my editing but occasionally also use the Retouch app and sometimes tweak them a bit more with in Affinity Photo.  Editing on my phone often comes right after taking the photos so I have already edited several of them over the past couple of days.  I am not into any type of "artsy" edits so just brightening or fixing shadows is what I do most of the time.  

Now to go and create a signature! :) 

Task 1: Back up... all of my photos are taken on my iPhone which makes back up pretty easy.  Things back up to iCloud and I always back up to Google Photos and Amazon Photos.  The photos which I want to scrap get backed up to OneDrive but that happens on an as needed basis.  
Task 2: Editing... I use the native iPhone photo app for most of my editing but occasionally also use the Retouch app and sometimes tweak them a bit more with in Affinity Photo.  Editing on my phone often comes right after taking the photos so I have already edited several of them over the past couple of days.  I am not into any type of "artsy" edits so just brightening or fixing shadows is what I do most of the time.  

And here is my new Signature! 

• Like 1

January 1 - would you believe I'm still backing up? Backed up to the first drive lickity split! But then to load the new drive took F.O.R.E.V.E.R!!  I use GoodSync and it's a bit addictive to watch it work as the files pop in one by one....therefore no scrapping has been done! I'm on the last leg now and should be all done in about 30 minutes. But then also I found alot of stuff to clean up, so that's been distracting too. Definitely a fresh start for the new year though!  I'll catch up on the siggy and editing two photos tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Jan. 1- backup some done some doing. Got all the photos from our summer trip on EHD- phew.

• Like 1

Jan. 2-Alter photos. 1. lightened by duplicating with screen layer and sharpened,  2. removed power lines and cropped and added clouds.