Jumpstart January 2023

April Showers

January 2: Editing 2 photos:DONE:  Using "Select > Subject" in the menu bar of CC, I extracted my subject from a super busy background. Instead of deleting the background I used a layer mask, then used Gaussian Blur to soften the edges of the mask.  I did this on two similiar photos. 

January 3: Winter Siggie HERE

January 4: Start layout with the two photos above - DONE

I've never participated in anything here.   I'll give this a try!

Task 1:  I have downloaded all my pictures off my phone and backed them up on an EHD and in iDrive.  I actually do this weekly (usually, sometimes it's two weeks).

Task 2: I like to use Light Room to work with some of my pictures.  Here are a couple from my trip to Seaside in early December.  I cropped and played around with the contrast and color.

IMG_8121-2.jpg

IMG_8115-2.jpg

• Like 1

Everyone is doing great.

I made my new siggie and I'm up to day with Jan 3...added papers to my page.

Thank you April

Oh, dear I am lost - I've been trying to create a wedding invitation for my niece so we've spent lots of times sending different versions back and forth and then I got lost in a weekly challenge and Project Life page!   😱

I feel too far behind and think I'm going to give up on this week and see if I can start anew next week.   🙄 

7 hours ago, April Showers said:

January 7th  
TASK 6 - Add a title to your layout. You may create your own or use word art, the choice is yours! 

Can I ask a favor?  I am finding it a bit overwhelming to search through the thread to find your post for the next task when it is mixed in with all of the comments.  Would it be possible to also add each days tasks to the original post of this thread as a list?  

42 minutes ago, KristiM said:

Can I ask a favor?  I am finding it a bit overwhelming to search through the thread to find your post for the next task when it is mixed in with all of the comments.  Would it be possible to also add each days tasks to the original post of this thread as a list?  

I find it easiest to scroll and look for the blue or purple titles that April uses for the tasks and requirements and her text is usually bigger than normal size, that might help!   😊

• Like 1

I agree it can get confusing when people just copy past April's task then add to their post. Her task written in blue or purple goes on that persons message. Just keep scrolling down looking for her aviatar  then it will be only her message so might be less confusing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KristiM said:

It would take too much space on the original post to add all the tasks, so I added links to them in the opening thread. I hope that helps.

• Like 1