Jumpstart January 2023

April Showers

7 hours ago, MariJ said:

Oh, dear I am lost - I've been trying to create a wedding invitation for my niece so we've spent lots of times sending different versions back and forth and then I got lost in a weekly challenge and Project Life page!   😱

I feel too far behind and think I'm going to give up on this week and see if I can start anew next week.   🙄 

I did put links to the tasks in the opening post, so they'll be easier to find. For the required tasks, tomorrow's will be finishing up the layout started in the last several tasks. It sounds like you've gotten a lot done! I like to say. "I can do anything, but I can't do everything!" 

18 hours ago, April Showers said:

I did put links to the tasks in the opening post, so they'll be easier to find. For the required tasks, tomorrow's will be finishing up the layout started in the last several tasks. It sounds like you've gotten a lot done! I like to say. "I can do anything, but I can't do everything!" 

April, that is a really GREAT saying!   You're right, I actually did get a lot done and I will start again next week.  I normally don't do the Monthly scrapping game because I'm doing other challenges and I am a notoriously SLOW scrapper, but I'll see what I do and who knows?  Maybe a layout will emerge!  

And, honestly, it's ok.  I like reading all the comments in the threads, that's what we chatty SGs are all about!  🤣  I don't mind at scrolling through at all.

Thanks so much!  😊

I'm "jumping" in a little late, but here goes:

Task 1: completed. I just downloaded and backed up all my photos. Thanks, April, for the links to the tasks. that's a great idea and very helpful.

Task 2: completed.  Here's a photo from last week. The original isn't bad, but I decided to crop it a little so that the bird is more noticeable. I also brightened it slightly. Nothing major, but I like the "after."

Before.jpg.21d172c1eed045e1377e17f9f6426b8a.jpg  Before

After.jpg After

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MariJ said:

April, that is a really GREAT saying!   You're right, I actually did get a lot done and I will start again next week.  I normally don't do the Monthly scrapping game because I'm doing other challenges and I am a notoriously SLOW scrapper, but I'll see what I do and who knows?  Maybe a layout will emerge!  

And, honestly, I like reading all the comments in the threads, that's what we chatty SGs are all about!  🤣  I don't mind at scrolling through at all!

Thanks so much!  😊

I'm with you Marilyn I like to read the comments. I like to read about what other people do and where they live, their hobbies, special interests etc.. . I guess it's the social butterfly in me.

Come on Marilyn I see a LO in your future!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

I'm with you Marilyn I like to read the comments. I like to read about what other people do and where they live, their hobbies, special interests etc.. . I guess it's the social butterfly in me.

Come on Marilyn I see a LO in your future!!!

I know, to me that's the heart of SG and what we are about and of course I'm one of the chattiest!   :conversation:
Heehee - Thanks!  I am going to try this week, but I just couldn't start and finish last week's layout, all I had were the photos and edits I think so it felt too overwhelming.   I realize this is why I don't normally do the Monthly Scrapping games.   Because I do Challenge Chase it's WAY too many pages for this very slow scrapper.  😱    We'll see how this week goes!    🤞

9 hours ago, mimes1 said:

January 8, TASK 7: Add Journaling, date, finishing touches HERE 

Oops - I forgot the date. I will add it later.

@mimes1 Hi, Amy: In my journaling I used the generic "he" to describe the bird in my photo, because I had no idea if it's a he or a she. Maybe you know? Also, even consulting my Florida bird book I'm not sure of the species. If you have any info, could you let me know? I'm just curious. Thanks!! We have hawks, ospreys, eagles and more around here and, except for the eagles, I'm pretty much clueless. :) 

Jan 9th

Task 8
I''m picking one of my new purchases - I bought MFIsh "Masked Memories" Value pack.

I'm going to try to keep up this week.  I've already finished three Challenge Chase layouts, a recipe card and a Project Life page so I'm not as worried about them and can focus on Jumpstart January.   😊

4 hours ago, Florida granny said:

@mimes1 Hi, Amy: In my journaling I used the generic "he" to describe the bird in my photo, because I had no idea if it's a he or a she. Maybe you know? Also, even consulting my Florida bird book I'm not sure of the species. If you have any info, could you let me know? I'm just curious. Thanks!! We have hawks, ospreys, eagles and more around here and, except for the eagles, I'm pretty much clueless. :) 

@Florida granny Hi Diane, I just studied the bird book and my best educated guess is that the bird in your photo is a Red-tailed hawk. They have the distinguishing dark streaked belly band on the white underneath which your bird displays. Males and females display the same colorations in that species, female may be a little bit bigger. It's hard to say if yours is male or female so generic "he" would be appropriate!

55 minutes ago, mimes1 said:

@Florida granny Hi Diane, I just studied the bird book and my best educated guess is that the bird in your photo is a Red-tailed hawk. They have the distinguishing dark streaked belly band on the white underneath which your bird displays. Males and females display the same colorations in that species, female may be a little bit bigger. It's hard to say if yours is male or female so generic "he" would be appropriate!

Thanks, Amy! I figured you would be the one to ask. :lovey-smilie:

Task # 2 and 3 done. 4 photos edited in Bridge Camera Raw. Used basic editing, sharpening, levels, color tweaking, texture and clarity, removed some limbs with healing brush and content aware. A couple of the photos before and after below. I think I need to lighten some of them some more. Started a LO with photos.

before and after

P1280457.JPG

P1280457 copyedited CR.jpg

P1280443.JPG

P1280443 copyedited CR.jpg

P1280447.JPG

P1280447 copyedited CR.jpg