Jumpstart January 2023

April Showers

15 hours ago, MariJ said:

Amy I smile every time I see that cute penguin with the smile resting on the ribbon!
I tried to see what layered buntings are but the link brings me to something else.  😱 😊

@MariJ Hi Marilyn, thanks for the tip. The Layered Bunting link is all fixed now. 

3 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Up to date--this is great fun, thank you April

Ditto to that, I'm amazed I am keeping up this week and keep hoping we don't get thrown a curve ball.   But, I don't think JJ is like that!

I'm about to lose some of my time to other things, so I hope I can keep it up.  :fingers-crossed-39_75:

21 hours ago, MariJ said:

Task 10

I've added all my photos.   I'm using ones that I took at the light show at our county zoo in December.   It's in my town so only 4 minutes away! 

Looking forward to seeing your zoo photos! Next time you go take some bird pictures! I may know some of them.  

19 minutes ago, mimes1 said:

Looking forward to seeing your zoo photos! Next time you go take some bird pictures!

Ok, I will!   I did take some flamingo and penguin photos when I was there in Autumn, but both times I went I was with little children so time was crunched.  One time it was so crowded I just wanted to get out of there.  This is a nice but not big-time zoo, nothing like your wonderful SD one but it has gotten so much better.  It is part of "South Mountain Reservation" - wonderful preserved acres of  nature, most of which happen to be in my town.   Unfortunately they have also developed a lot of the area and waterfront, that part doesn't make me happy.
I don't recall seeing many birds, but I'll look next time!   Everyone was mostly interested in the new Giraffes and the Lions (who weren't out that day) and the bear.   And with our very cold weather a lot of the animals (like giraffes!) are inside now.

The photos I am scrapping, don't have any real animals in them, though - only the lit up ones! 🤣   But HERE are the giraffes when I was there in November.   I got so many good shots of them!

I just went to look and it says "Aviary" "Closes for the 2022 season", maybe that's why I didn't see birds!
HERE'S their website if you wanted to take a look.  It doesn't have a lot of info.   One exciting part is they have a Sea Turtle Recovery Center which is a big deal, but I don't think the public can go in most of it.   They have rehabbed and returned quite a few Sea Turtles.

I might have to sit this month out. Family have gone to finish their holiday up north today and we have friends staying for a few days from tomorrow so I don't think I can catch up this month especially if the sun keeps shining as we have had 2 weeks of storms so far and I hate being couped up inside in the summer so will have to make the most of the fine weather outside :)