Jumpstart January 2023

April Showers

20 hours ago, MariJ said:

Oops, Debby - this is your download links!   😱

Haste makes waste---I was in a hurry and goofed it up. Thank you.

January 20th  
TASK 17 

I've been thinking about this since I chose and started a new layout with some of the photos and using the two products I chose in Task 15 this morning.    It's not quite turning out as I envisioned, I'm not sure I picked the right ones!   But, it's a game right?    😳

3 hours ago, MariJ said:

January 20th  
TASK 17 

I've been thinking about this since I chose and started a new layout with some of the photos and using the two products I chose in Task 15 this morning.    It's not quite turning out as I envisioned, I'm not sure I picked the right ones!   But, it's a game right?    😳

That happens to me when I choose products for layout assignments. I have one I'm working on right now that just isn't going together the way I hoped it would.

17 hours ago, April Showers said:

That happens to me when I choose products for layout assignments. I have one I'm working on right now that just isn't going together the way I hoped it would.

Funny, I'm not sure why this happens to me when I choose products first, maybe because it's normally the photos that get my scrapping going?   It's another reason I don't normally do well with slow-scraps - I get a little frustrated following the rules that don't go along with what I've envisioned!   But it's a good to just play and try new things, so I'm having fun here.  And, of course it's always good to know there's no "scrapping police" here!  😊

So what did/do you do when this happens in layout assignments?   

January 21st  
TASK 18

I'm having trouble with my papers and almost sorry I bought both of these items, seeing a gingerbread man gets me every time!   :banghead:
But, I think I found a way for them to work.    Added at least 5 embellishments.

@April Showers I added 5 embellishments from the collection I chose but do they all have to be or can others be added?

6 hours ago, MariJ said:

Funny, I'm not sure why this happens to me when I choose products first, maybe because it's normally the photos that get my scrapping going?   It's another reason I don't normally do well with slow-scraps - I get a little frustrated following the rules that don't go along with what I've envisioned!   But it's a good to just play and try new things, so I'm having fun here.  And, of course it's always good to know there's no "scrapping police" here!  😊

So what did/do you do when this happens in layout assignments?   

If I have enough time, I can sometimes switch products. I may use different photos, though usually I'll just play with it until it works, sometimes pulling in a few little things from the same designer. I have a really hard time sticking to one collection.

2 hours ago, April Showers said:

If I have enough time, I can sometimes switch products. I may use different photos, though usually I'll just play with it until it works, sometimes pulling in a few little things from the same designer. I have a really hard time sticking to one collection.

That makes sense, but funny - I am such a (mostly) one-collection scrapper!  
I thought about asking if I could switch to another unused product, but decided to stick with it and while I'm still not happy it's looking better.   And, there's still a few more days.   😊

10 hours ago, MariJ said:

January 21st  
TASK 18

I'm having trouble with my papers and almost sorry I bought both of these items, seeing a gingerbread man gets me every time!   :banghead:
But, I think I found a way for them to work.    Added at least 5 embellishments.

@April Showers I added 5 embellishments from the collection I chose but do they all have to be or can others be added?

LOL Gingerbread man...They are always fun and make me smile

17 hours ago, April Showers said:

You should be able to add more in tomorrow's task. ;)

Oh thank you April...😀

Here is my page#3

I love the colors of my last 2 purchases and they were perfect for my photo. Thanks April I really want to be able to add those flowers --Phew

I was so happy to get this photo of my children, grandchildren and even the grandpuppy.

January 22nd  
 LAYOUT TASK 19 Add a title, a bit of journaling, a date and any finishing touches to your layout.  
 REQUIREMENTUpload your “Unused Products” layout to the Jumpstart January Gallery and share the link in this thread. 

Here's my layout - 

Gingerbread Houses

I think I completed all the tasks for week 2 and now week 3, I'm amazed!  

Doing a little bit of catch up here:

Jan 18 - two unused collections: Value Pack: But MomValue Pack: Homebody.  Just purchased But mom, and purchased Homebody some time ago, like in 2021!! and never downloaded. Angie helped me out and I downloaded it a few weeks ago. These two collections have nothing in common but my challenge is to make them work! ✔️

Jan 19 - I have some great pictures of Belle in her teenage years completetly avoiding and making faces at the camera. Even then I told her that some day, I would scrap those pictures. ✔️

Jan 20 - Layout started.  Late, but started! ✔️

• Haha 1

@mimes1  I love Laura's Homebody Value pack.  It came out during Covid "stay-home" and I did lots of Covid-related layouts with it, like "playing" with the little neighbors from my higher-up window while they were on their deck below.  Wasn't ideal, but kept us from missing each other too much and it worked for what we had to do then.

I just looked and I have about 15 layouts and a few recipes made with that VP.  I always said I was going to do a book about "Staying Home" with the layouts - I should look at my photos and make more, thanks for the reminder! 😊

I'm anxious to see what you create!