Costco & Shutterfly

If you've ever used Costco to make photobooks, you'll already know that Costco has partnered with Shutterfly for printing. If you merge your Costco and Shutterfly accounts, you will automatically get 51% off photobooks and free shipping over $49.00.

While that seems like a great deal, when you have the Costco discounts applied, it won't let you stack other coupons, like the Free Unlimited Pages coupon which I wait for before I print my yearly books. 

In order to make other coupons work, I needed to click on "Manage Promos" to turn off the Costco discounts. With those off, I was able to stack discount codes (like normal) which took the price down substantially. I was able to add the Costco shipping discount.

My book has 59 pages, a hard, matte cover and photographic printing. The regular price without any discounts (which no one ever pays) was $221.57. With all the discounts, the book was $65.28 shipped. 

16 minutes ago, April Showers said:

If you've ever used Costco to make photobooks, you'll already know that Costco has partnered with Shutterfly for printing. If you merge your Costco and Shutterfly accounts, you will automatically get 51% off photobooks and free shipping over $49.00.

While that seems like a great deal, when you have the Costco discounts applied, it won't let you stack other coupons, like the Free Unlimited Pages coupon which I wait for before I print my yearly books. 

In order to make other coupons work, I needed to click on "Manage Promos" to turn off the Costco discounts. With those off, I was able to stack discount codes (like normal) which took the price down substantially.

Thanks, April!  I loved Costco printing and pricing and most particularly back when you could save shipping by picking up in the warehouse.  

I have been studying the Costco discount been puzzled since it didn't seem very good deal because Shutterfly often has free shipping over certain amounts and 50% off products anyway, right?   

I remember you stacking coupons and what a great deal it could be.   I've been trying to decide if I should merge my two accounts at all since the only photos in my Costco one is for projects printed and they aren't moving projects over anyway and the pages are on my computer.  

I'll check once more but I think I'll leave it as is and not merge.  Unless you see some advantage to doing so?  I sure will miss Costco prices.  It was the only place this past Christmas that had large calendars for $9.99 each, regular price.   Any place else, including Shutterfly with 50% off was a lot more expensive. 

Thanks for this information!  😊

On 1/19/2023 at 1:05 PM, MariJ said:

I'll check once more but I think I'll leave it as is and not merge.  Unless you see some advantage to doing so?  I sure will miss Costco prices.  It was the only place this past Christmas that had large calendars for $9.99 each, regular price.   Any place else, including Shutterfly with 50% off was a lot more expensive. 

I merged mine, but see no advantage at all from having done it, so I wouldn't recommend it. 

Actually, I was able to get the Costco free shipping over $49.00, so I suppose that is an advantage since it saved me and extra $11.99. I turned off the 51% off and left the free shipping on and it still applied the other coupons without any issues. Though with the Costco merge, it sets up that 51% coupon every time and you have to go in and turn it off to apply others.

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2023 at 5:30 PM, mimes1 said:

Yes, thanks for the above information. I merged my costco with shutterfly but haven't poked around much with it yet. @April Showers where do you get the coupons to stack?

I get their emails so I know when they have the Unlimited Pages. I've gotten $10 off coupons from my daughter's Carter's & Oshkosh orders before, but not lately. I got an extra 10% for using the Microsoft browser - which I only did because the site doesn't always work nicely with Chrome. I also got a Rakuten cash back on the order. It was 10% the day before I ordered, but I needed one of my kids to proofread it before I could order. It was 2% when I ordered. Rakuten or Honey can also find active coupons.

Sometimes I get coupons from Shutterfly in the mail too. They're usually a laminated plastic postcard type thing.

Also, if you get coupons for extra $ off an order and won't be using them, it is fine to share here that you have it. The person who would like the code could message you for it. The dollar off ones are one use coupons and have unique codes. 

10 hours ago, mimes1 said:

Yes, thanks for the above information. I merged my costco with shutterfly but haven't poked around much with it yet. @April Showers where do you get the coupons to stack?

Sometimes with my Kohls order there is a Shutterfly coupon in the box when it arrives. 

• Like 1

Well, I agree with April @April Showers about there being no advantage to merging my Costco account with Shutterfly, but it just occurred to me that if the Costco 51% and free shipping came in handy sometime, maybe I should.   I just did - would not have if I didn't see Aprils instructions on turning it off.   This way I figure I have it if needed, but otherwise I can turn it off.   It doesn't seem like such a great offer, but who knows?    Hopefully now I can take advantage of both.   😊

3 hours ago, MariJ said:

Well, I agree with April @April Showers about there being no advantage to merging my Costco account with Shutterfly, but it just occurred to me that if the Costco 51% and free shipping came in handy sometime, maybe I should.   I just did - would not have if I didn't see Aprils instructions on turning it off.   This way I figure I have it if needed, but otherwise I can turn it off.   It doesn't seem like such a great offer, but who knows?    Hopefully now I can take advantage of both.   😊

The real advantage to merging is getting the free shipping at a lower amount.