It's March Madness! (March 2023 monthly game)

Mikelle

Welcome to March Madness!  Every year during the month of March (in honor of the U.S. NCAA basketball tournament also known as March Madness), we hold a crazy, upside down and backwards slow scrap.  You'll never know where your layouts will end up - but hopefully by the end of the month you'll have 5 awesome...er, well, at least interesting... layouts to admire.  Really, it won't be THAT bad, but it should be fun!

Here are the rules:  We will create one layout each week this month, for a total of 5 layouts.  Every day Monday-Saturday, I will post a task for you.  Follow each task to the best of your ability, but don't overthink it - there are no layout police here!  After each week concludes, there will be a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to the SG Shop.  In order to be eligible for the weekly drawing, you must post that week's layout in the Slow Scrap Gallery by Sunday night, midnight ET.  

At the end of the month, there will be a Grand Prize drawing for a $20 gift certificate to the SG Shop; the number of entries you earn will equal the number of weekly layouts you post by Sunday night April 2nd, midnight ET.  For example, if you only manage to finish 3 of the 5 layouts during the month, you'll earn 3 entries into the Grand Prize drawing.  Also, the layouts don't need to be posted by the end of each week in order to count toward the Grand Prize drawing - they just have to be posted by midnight April 2nd.  This will help all you procrastinators out there!

Now, let me get my hiding couch ready...  :shycouch:      OK!  Ready for your first task?  See the next post below...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DAY 1 (March 1st, Wednesday):  

Choose one photo that includes an animal of some sort – any animal, a pet, a farm animal, a flying bird, etc.  Then, choose one patterned paper for your background, and place your photo on it.

• Like 1

Day 2 (March 2nd, Thursday):

Create a title for your page that uses three (yes 3) different alphas.  Then, choose at least five (5) unique embellishments to use on your layout.  You can arrange everything today if you wish… but who knows what’s coming tomorrow?   :shycouch:

Just a note, 5 "unique" embellishments means 5 embellishments that are different from each other - you could have 5 flowers if you wish, but they all need to be different, with no duplicates of the same flower.  Or, have two buttons, one flower, a ribbon, and a paperclip (just an example).  If you want to, you may use duplicates of any of the 5 you choose, so long as you have at least 5 different (unique) embellishments.

Day 2;

Embellishments;

tmd_vintagememories_dog

cw_TheBlueSeason_fl2;

kimeric_its_metalleaves;

CKH_IFeelFine_tag_20

MPE_Document_It_Nano_Emb_Staple-red

Title alphas

kimeric_itsap1_alphas

PJU__not_in_the_mood_alphas

MPE_JournalArtsy_Alphas

• Like 1

Here is Day 1, the first robin of the season. Paper is from Laura Louie's Homebody

slowscrap.jpg.c763311c69186be24858079d7399b30a.jpg

Day 2: Alphas from Laura Louie and Angie Briggs (recolored), 5 embellishments just thrown on the page, waiting for the next task!

slowscrap.jpg.0f747edf550a83317fc5dcdea052ae5c.jpg

• Like 2

I was out most of the day but did get a chance to add my 5 embellishments: 3 different leaves, a frame and some torn paper from AFT Peridot Pleasures and FLO Holidays:
I'm working on the alphas.  OK, got the alphas: from vjs Black Ice; BMU A Little Love; and SNU Brush: Messy Paint;

March Madness Wk 1 embells.jpg

• Like 1

Day 3 (March 3rd, Friday):

Rotate your alpha by 90 degrees (the easiest way to do this is to merge your letters together to make one title layer, then rotate that layer by 90 degrees).  You can rotate clockwise or counterclockwise, as you wish.  Then, find or create a frame for your photo.

3 hours ago, Mikelle said:

Day 3 (March 3rd, Friday):

Rotate your alpha by 90 degrees (the easiest way to do this is to merge your letters together to make one title layer, then rotate that layer by 90 degrees).  You can rotate clockwise or counterclockwise, as you wish.  Then, find or create a frame for your photo.

Good morning Mikelle, I was listing the items I was using for this layout when I realized the kit(s) were not purchased from Scrap Girls. I'm so sorry and I will delete paper/photo from this area. I'll start again on Monday.  Stay safe, be well and have a great day!

• Like 1

Oops I haven't been posting my progress, here is mine through day 3. I hope it's ok that I only rotated one part of my title.

March-Madness-WK1.jpg

• Like 3

I hope I'm not too late to the party? 

Day 1: Lorikeet photo, cwx_MeowyChristmas_pp2

Day 2: Alphas - GWH_BeautifulDay_Alpha - added a rainbow style,BMU_BrocadeChip_Alpha_A - letter A, Unknown alpha - Visitor

Embellishments - cw_BreakTime_el12 - ticket, cw_BreakTime_plant8, EMA_Antiquities_EMB_Flower1, AHA_onsafari_emb_flower4, KME_ButterflyFX_Emb_Flower-Green

Day 3: Rotated alpha and added frame - GWH_SSEmb_StackedPhotos4_1

March-Madness-March-2023-monthly-game.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, LindaH57 said:

Good morning Mikelle, I was listing the items I was using for this layout when I realized the kit(s) were not purchased from Scrap Girls. I'm so sorry and I will delete paper/photo from this area. I'll start again on Monday.  Stay safe, be well and have a great day!

@LindaH57  Linda, you don't have to use all SG supplies to be able to post layouts here - it's OK to use some non-SG stuff.  When you list the non-SG supplies, though, just don't include a link to the supplies (no outside links).  Please, keep going with your layout!  😁

Day 4 (March 4th, Saturday):

Include journaling on your layout,  add finishing touches (date, location, animal name, etc), then upload your first March Madness layout to the Slow Scrap Gallery.  To ensure you're entered into the drawing for our first week, post by Sunday night (March 5th), midnight ET, and come back to this thread and leave a link!

Not too bad for our first week, right?  There will be no task posted tomorrow (Sunday), so work on the weekend challenge layout.  I'll see you guys back here Monday for a new madcap layout!

• Thanks 2

Here is my week 1. Thanks for the challenge Mikelle...Now I am wondering what you will do to us next week.🤔

• Like 1