It's March Madness! (March 2023 monthly game)

Mikelle

March 11th (Layout #2, Saturday):

You made it to the end of layout #2 - awesome job!  Add a little journaling, finishing touches and date, then upload your layout to the Slow Scrap Gallery and come back to this thread to leave a link to your layout.  

Make sure that if you want to be eligible for the week 2 drawing (for a $5 gift certificate to the SG store), post your layout by midnight Sunday night, March 12th.  Thank you for a fun week!  There will be no task tomorrow (Sunday); we'll start layout #3 on Monday.

• Like 2

Awesome job on last week's layouts, everyone!  I'll try to do the drawings for the first two weeks later today (Monday).

March 13th (Layout #3, Monday):

Choose any number of photos you'd like to work with this week, but then turn them either black and white, or sepia.  Choose three papers, and find some way of blending them to create a blended background. 

Woo hoo, off to a good start!  😃

• Like 2

I'm using a photo of my paternal grandparents and I used these papers - BMU_FadedRose_Gray_Paper_Gray, BMU_FadedRose-Gray_Paper_LtGray, BMU_FadedRose_Gray_Paper_Text and used ink spills blenders to blend them. I hope it was okay to use the blenders?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nanna jo said:

I'm using a photo of my paternal grandparents and I used these papers - BMU_FadedRose_Gray_Paper_Gray, BMU_FadedRose-Gray_Paper_LtGray, BMU_FadedRose_Gray_Paper_Text and used ink spills blenders to blend them. I hope it was okay to use the blenders?

Yes, definitely!  You can blend the papers any way you like - blenders, masks, blending modes, opacity differences...

March 14th (Layout #3, Tuesday):

1. Add a fourth paper, but find some way of using it without blending it into your already-blended background.  Some suggestions - you can use it as a matte behind your photo(s), or angle it into one of your page corners, etc.  

2. Next task, find 7 unique embellishments to use for tomorrow's (Wednesday's) task.  Just throw them onto your page for now.

I think I'm not being hard enough on you all.  There's not enough madness to my methods!

• Haha 2

Yesterday I made masks to blend my papers and got two photos that I changed to B&W. Oh boy today's task might make my page idea impossible...we will see. I guess I should stop trying to plan ahead.

• Like 1