My Filing System

MichaelsMomJo

[quote name='bjc' post='361750' date='Mar 6 2008, 10:30 AM']thanks for explaining...sounds to me and you can tell me if you disagree ...that since i am already organized in the acdsee i would have extra work to change....[/quote]

if you have your supplies organized and it is working for you...i would stick with it. no reason to complicate things and create more work for yourself is my theory!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this is my second post, I think :). I have been concerned about the lack of organization of my files and this post helps tremendously! thanks so much- I have always found the best organizational systems have what yours has- branches that go from less to more specific in a logial sequence! ::hops away to get started::
Dee

I am glad this surfaced too!! holy cow! I know what I'm going to do this weekend :) It never dawned on me :hit-head-with-hammer: to make shortcuts within the kits to the folders I have set up Using Ro's list(with a few add'l ones). I always get frustrated when I know I have something and I can't find it or remember what kit its from :dunno:
:giggle_bear: carbonites going to have a field day on my computer ! :thanks: Ladies

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Oh, I like this!!! (having been referred here from a more recent question on Organizing.)

When I thought about this and started, I realized something even better about Jo's idea... You can copy the shortcuts to multiple locations, for items that you want to see in more than one category. For instance, you can put the SAME shortcut in both "Floral Embellishments" and in "Pink Embellishments" if you want to consider by either color or type. Shortcuts being tiny files, I don't have to worry about filling up my disk drive with multiple copies of large files.

GREAT IDEA, Jo!

Archived