Tonight! All About Me Crop!

brandiev

Just added to the calendar:

Join me on February 8 at 9pm EST for our monthly All About Me crop and chat!

The theme/challenge:
In the spirit of Valentine's Day, complete a "numbered list" type layout about some of the things you love! It can be a Top 5, Top 10, Top 20, or even a Top 100! Whatever works for you. Your list can be a broad variety (where you list can include everything from your favorite color to your favorite person), or more specific, such as your top 10 favorites foods, or top 20 movies of all time (for example). The only rules are that is must be about YOU, it must be a numbered list, and it must include things YOU love (or at least really, really like...lol).

How to participate:
Start thinking about this challenge. You can complete your layout at anytime (now, during the crop, or even up to a week after), however, please wait to post it in the gallery until February 8. On the day of the crop (or anytime thereafter), feel free to post your All About Me LO in the gallery in the crop section. Come to the crop, at 9pm EST, and chat with everyone about the theme!

Post your LO's here:
[url="http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?automodule=gallery&req=sc&cat=245"]http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...=sc&cat=245[/url]

Hope to see you all there!

It's my plan to do this once a month -- that way, even if you don't scrap any other "All About Me" type layouts, you will do at least one per month! I have even picked out April's theme already (I'm not telling yet :) ) and I am totally excited about that one too!

[quote name='brandiev' post='87114' date='Jan 21 2007, 10:16 AM']It's my plan to do this once a month -- that way, even if you don't scrap any other "All About Me" type layouts, you will do at least one per month! I have even picked out April's theme already (I'm not telling yet :) ) and I am totally excited about that one too![/quote]

I was thinking about starting an all about me book so my son would have something about me when he got older but i didnt really know where to start so this will be great! Im really looking forward to this project now :) thanks brandie
also I just added your well worn paper templates to my shopping cart they look fun.. (just need to figure out how to use them..lol)

[quote name='Tigerbaby1981' post='87115' date='Jan 21 2007, 10:18 AM']I just added your well worn paper templates to my shopping cart they look fun.. (just need to figure out how to use them..lol)[/quote]

Cool, Jenn! Let me know if you need any help with them!

I love this idea. I did a page about me for the October Storyteller challenge and it was a real stretch but I know that everytime I go back and look at that one I get a big smile from it. Thanks for making us scrap about ourselves. Can you imagine if our future generations looked back and knew nothing about us except that we liked talking about everybody else all the time? LOL

Guest Sharebear57
Can't wait, Brandie. This sounds like it is going to be really fun!!

I have had doing a "100 Things I Love" layout on my to-do list forever, maybe this will get me to finally do it! (or maybe I will take the easy way out and do something with a smaller list...lol)

Sherri - You just reminded me of a "100 things about me" list I did a while back on one of my first blogs. I need to track that down and do a layout with it.

I wonder if anyone will do 100 things they love? That will be quite a feat!

Guest Noillid2
Brandie, This does sound like a lot of fun! You rock!!!

Didn't you do some "All About Me" crops once upon a time?

I might have to do my top 25 favorites. At least I'm thinking... :banghead:

Thank everyone!

Yes, Tom...I did the All About Me crops last year. I've had requests to have them again, so here we go! I really enjoy them as, like most people, I usually don't scrap about me. If I could scrap at least one layout per month about myself, that would be great!

Are you almost ready? In a little less than an hour, join me in the chatroom for our All About Me Crop! Check out the first message in this thread to find out what theme is. When you complete your layouts, post it in the gallery in our very own All About Me crop section (located under "challenges" in the gallery). Here's the direct link:
[url="http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?automodule=gallery&req=sc&cat=245"]http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...=sc&cat=245[/url]

It's also helpful to post a link to your own layout here in this thread -- it's a great way to make sure it's seen and get lots of comments!

Guest Wendelynn
I missed the chat becuase of work, and now I can't figure out how to post in the right gallery, but here's my lo anyway!

[url="http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?automodule=gallery&req=si&img=17455"]All About Me [/url]

The chat was great, Brandie! Haven't laughed that hard in a while. :D DH kept asking what's so funny? LOL

I have my list finished, but still working on the LO. Today we have our bread class (which is far away), so I won't get to work on it until late tonight. Patti, are you going to beat me posting your LO? :D

Guest AZTechnoScrapper
Here's [url="http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?automodule=gallery&req=si&img=17583"]my[/url] AAM LO for this challenge. Making a list -- a long list -- really pushed me, and seeing the variety of things I love/am grateful for was
a great reminder of the many blessings I've received!

Thanks for the challenge!

Archived