Pse5 Won't Save As A Jpg?

chickypow

ARG! So I'm trying to save a LO as a jpg so I can upload it and every time I try it says
"Could not complete your request because of a Program error".

It's done this before but always worked if I shut the program down and reopened it. Not this time, I even shut the computer down.

I tried going to Adobe for support but you have to PAY for SUPPORT???? WTH??

I'm so mad right now....

Has anyone had this happen or have any thoughts as to what could be wrong? I tried flattening it too then saving it as a jpg but nope.
ARG!

And has anyone had any experience with Adobe? Is there a support option that you don't have to pay for? That upsets me so very very much, I cannot believe that they sell software but won't support it unless you pay them more money.

*royally PO'd*

I'm so sorry, Erin. I wish I knew! The only time I can't save as a .jpg in PSE5 is when I've got the color mode too high. But I don't get an error message like that - it just won't give .jpg as a save option.

Good luck!

I did a little quick research and other people are reporting it. Sounds like a weakness in PSE 5. I have found two solutions:

1. Reset the preferences. To do this: Hit Ctrl + Alt + Shift when you are starting up the program. When the popup dialogue appears, say Yes.

2. If that doesn't work, reinstall the program.

Hope that helps get it straightened out for you.

Archived