59 replies to this topic

#31 Sherry Lynn

Sherry Lynn

Proud to be a Maine-iac!

• Creative Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,164 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:57 PM

Karen, I'm glad that you went and dug this message up - I scanned through last week but really wanted to look and make sure that I read everything. I also agree that I really enjoy reading what people say about my LO's and I try to make my comments sincere and personalized when I leave them.

My New Year's resolution for SG's (even though I have only been here since the last week in Nov.) was to leave at least 8 comments on LO's a minimum of 5 days a week - so far I'm doing pretty good in that department - I've left 32 comments so far this week (and I've received 16 comments on mine, not bad) - one thing that I am going to try to pay more attention to is (#3) that if someone leaves a comment on my lo's to make sure that they are definitely included as one of the people that I leave a comment on one of their layouts (I hope I haven't NOT done that - left them a comment), but now I am going to make a conscious effort to do it.

Anyway, thanks Karen - I had never seen this thread and I'm glad you bumped it back to the top for those of us who hadn't seen it before.
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#32 tinkerbell11

tinkerbell11

Collector of shoes, wearer of FLIP FLOPS

• Creative Team
  • 12,430 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:41 PM

This is a great post I love getting comments on my LO, it is only nice to return the nice thoughts. Thanks so much for sharing.

gallery_10753_358_55511.png
Button_Welcome.pngSG_BB_LoveThis.pngButton_Published.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#33 Scrapin Pat

Scrapin Pat

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:00 PM

A great reminder! In fact I think I should always go to the gallery before the message board. That way I can't run out of time. I really appreciate the comments people leave for me. Thanks!
Posted Image

#34 ArizonaAngel

ArizonaAngel

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:10 PM

I think these are great ideas and I will definately use them all! It's interesting how even the simplist comment makes me feel when I read it. I felt silly about it at first but I think everyone needs more positive feedback in life so I will do what I can to send it out where I can! Thanks so much for the ideas.

#35 mmlsweet

mmlsweet

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:38 PM

Neat idea indeed.

Monica
Monica
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#36 podiumchick

podiumchick

Paparazzi Mom

• Members
  • 6,247 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:11 PM

I'm guilty of not hitting the gallery when I'm busy. The posting contest probably has cut into 'love leaving' too. Time for me to spend time admiring everyone's work!!

#37 lovinthedigithing

lovinthedigithing

• Members
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:51 AM

I just wanted to say that there are some enthusiastic posters out there who have made my day recently! Some of my LOs have sat for a short while with 0 comments (yea, for some reason I check). Then all of a sudden a slew of comments (like 10-13!!) arrive and I am so moved! But even when it's 1 comment left for me I am thrilled that someone took the time to comment.

Thank you, team members, leaders, participants and well, everyone!! Thank you.

:wub: :lovey-smilie: :thankyou: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :tissue: :toot: :blush: :thanks:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Leaving love goal - to be sure to spread it around!

#38 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 50,776 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:12 AM

Great reminders for us all. Sharing the love only takes a few minutes out of our day and everyone needs a little love now and again. I, personally love it when I read a comment on a lo I have posted and I think that everyone does. My problem is that I don't post very many layouts (my own fault) - I just get caught up in doing the layout and never even think about posting it, but I would love constructive criticism on mine as well as the good comments. We all learn from each other, I think. I get lots of ideas when I look at other's layouts and it gives me what I need to sometimes "get going" on doing another layout. Thanks for the reminders - I agree, that we get what we give.....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

• Members
  • 50,776 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:49 AM

I was happy to see this thread as well - I leave love in the gallery alot but have no particular goal in mind, so starting today, my goal is to leave at least 10 comments in the gallery and to join the Share the Love Gallery game.....Ditzy me has had it explained to me three times so hopefully I will get it right now.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 Heatheranne

Heatheranne

• Members
  • 11,848 posts
  • Personal Statement:Learn from yesterday! Plan for tomorrow! Live today! :-)

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:31 AM

This is a wonderful guideline for leaving love. I do most of them ( 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ) on my own, but have to work on the others. There's no problem with #8 because I'm a bit of a wordy person, so wouldn't know how to leave a one word comment. roflol I have been doing a few other things than this, so I think that I've been doing okay, except lately because of the pups. Here's the other things that I do:

I'm subscribed to the Layout Artist's and Layout Designer's gallery's so that I can leave love when they upload a layout. I think it's important to leave love for the people who make the products and inspire us how to use them.

I have added many members to my friends list and I'll pick on a few when I can, then wish them a great day and LSL on some of their layouts. Recently, I've just been wishing a great day, but will get back into it.

I'm subscribed to the Birthday thread and now that they have the links to each person who's birthday it is, I LSL for them. Okay, I don't leave love on layouts that are over a year old too much, although I do sometimes, but I make up for it with the more recent layouts. I try to leave love on at least 6 layouts for the birthday person. Can you imagine how much love a person would feel on their birthday if everyone subscribed to the birthday thread left 6 comments on their layouts. Wow! :-)
Posted Image

My play tools are: CS5.5, PSE9; PRE9; PSPX2, on a Laptop PC, with Win7

#41 Olivia Rose

Olivia Rose

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Personal Statement:I have learned to live life like a turtle; "Little by Little sets the pace and win the race"

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:33 PM

Wow, I thought I was the only one to check often in my gallery to see if anyone left me love.

Thanks so much for the Guidelines too. I really needed one to post comments.

Hugs
Forgive us our transgressions as we forgive those who transgresed against us. The Lord's Prayer.

#42 Jhuztyce

Jhuztyce

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Personal Statement:I Love to digital scrapbook!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

Love it! So thoughtful and encouraging! You know I'll be sure to pop in on this post from time to time as not to forget. Thank you for this! When I first came an awesome amount of people practiced this! I had a warm welcome from many! I'll be sure to practice the same :)

x0x0x

Melz

#43 stellasu

stellasu
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:25 AM

thanks for the share. I am just new here, and you make me feel so warm~

#44 jenrou

jenrou

• Members
  • 5,811 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

I find that not only am I leaving something nice for someone, I learn more about how they did the layout. It benefits everyone. I really appreciate all of the comments and help I've gotten.

gallery_17266_66_4077.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif   

#45 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

• Members
  • 50,776 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:28 AM

The Share The Love Thread is a great way to leave some love too - we can always use love-leavers on it anytime!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 Syndee

Syndee

Pixel Geek

• Design Team
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:25 AM

Great ideas!!

SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_TeamMember.pngSyndee_CT-Blinkie.gif

Click the images below to be taken to the product page :)
   SNU_SSActions_ArtisticPhotoMask_MKTG150. SNU_WatercolorWonderful_Ppr_MKTG150.jpg SNU_JIF6_WatercolorWonderful_MKTG150.jpgSNU_WatercolorWonderland_Ppr_LO150.jpg
My Blog

#47 jenrou

jenrou

• Members
  • 5,811 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:04 AM

The Share The Love Thread is a great way to leave some love too - we can always use love-leavers on it anytime!

"Love-leavers" I love it, Sara. :lol:

We all love comments on our layouts or other things we do, so leaving love benefits everyone.

The layouts are moving off the first display FAST these days, so now and then I've learned to go to " gallery," then "new content" to comment on layouts you have missed. It matters!:wub:

Also, it helps everyone to list your supplies. If you don't know how, ask on the message board and someone will answer. Everyone is so helpful!

#48 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • 14,377 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

I leave love as often as I can, and I set a goal for each month as to how many comments I will leave that month. I usually set the goal for at least 100+ comments, and I usually pass that number before the end of the month. The goal is included in my signature.

I always check the 'Watch Image' on my layout page so that I get an email when anyone leaves a comment on my layout. I always leave a comment on any layout that I happen to click on. Not leaving a comment makes one feel that something is wrong with their layout. Say something, even if it's just "Nice Layout". I prefer that to no comments being left (ie: 68 views, 2 comments). For some reason, I end up forgetting about our wonderful designers. I've got to do better with that and leave more love for them. And listing the supplies you used is important too. I like to see the supply list. This way when I see a particular element or paper that I love, I can always track it down. If I don't have the collection, I'll usually end up buying it.

I guess that's it for now.

gallery_11036_358_24257.jpg

BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for November 2014, 7372 -- 7382 as of 11-23-14

#49 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • 21,775 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:50 AM

I try to leave comments on everybody's layouts. I don't do the ATC's or recipes. This way I find I have the time to LSL on the Designer's layouts as well as all the design artists. I'm a bit behind at the moment due to PC problems but I will catch up again.

BLINKIES_wise1.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#50 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

• Members
  • 50,776 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

I'm way behind on leaving love due to computer issues at the moment - I do try on my IPad but I'm just not as fast with it as I am with my laptop! Hopefully, today, my laptop will be back from the hospital!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 jenrou

jenrou

• Members
  • 5,811 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

Sara, you have worn your love-leaving fingers to the bone, so don't feel bad. Don't you hate it when your pc is sick? Mine is actin up, but I think it's a software problem. Everytime I get windows updates, I have to straighten things out. GRR. Was thinking of getting an apple, but it seems everyone's apples are going down too.

#52 healthyscraps

healthyscraps

I Made it! I'm a Top-Dog Scrapper

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • Personal Statement:"Sometimes a set back can be a launch pad."
    - me

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:04 AM

Jean. Sorry to hear you think Apple computers aren't good either. I have been using Apple computers for 20 years and wouldn't have anything else. I honestly can't remember any serious troubles. They just keep going and going and it just works. Hope your PCs are back up running and healthy. It is not nice when they are out of action. :)
Jacqui Smith | Product Designer

A sneak peak with more in store...
JSM_NipTuck_Coll_MKTG_150.jpg JSM_NipTuck_Alpha_MKTG_150.jpg JSM_pG-M1-1_SSA_12x12_CU_150.jpg JSM_SSActions_NeonSign_CU_150.jpg SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif
Visit Store Visit Gallery

#53 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

• Members
  • 50,776 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

Sara, you have worn your love-leaving fingers to the bone, so don't feel bad. Don't you hate it when your pc is sick? Mine is actin up, but I think it's a software problem. Everytime I get windows updates, I have to straighten things out. GRR. Was thinking of getting an apple, but it seems everyone's apples are going down too.

I'm so hoping that my Mac issue is just a fluke, Jean! Honestly in over 20 years, I have never had anything like this happen! Don't give up on getting a Mac just yet! And I do hope you get your software problems straightened out soon!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 ScrapGram

ScrapGram

• Members
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

Great suggestions! As a fairly newbie, I love getting and giving feedback, but have felt overwhelmed at the thought of looking and commenting on all the layout posted. I just don't have the time, (like everyone else I am sure.) These suggestions really help with a framework for leaving lots of love!

gallery_22255_297_28360.png
BLINKIES_software-PSE.gifSGblinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif[img]

#55 Kaitlin

Kaitlin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

Suggestions are great.

#56 CindyLuWho

CindyLuWho

Lone Star Scrap Girl

• Newsletter Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

Great ideas - even if the thread was started a few years ago, these are super reminders!

Button_Editor.pngBLINKIES_NightSCRAP.gif

#57 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

• Members
  • 50,776 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:08 AM

Sharing to love on Scrap Girls is shown in more ways than leaving love on layouts - I have to say that our love for each other is just awesome! I think the love and concern we have for each other here is just phenomental and isn't it wonderful how many close friends we make on Scrap Girls!

Just sayin'! :grouphug2: :grouphug2: :grouphug2:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#58 Molly3

Molly3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

Nice guidence for the new comer into the commiunity.
I like collecting idea home decors.

#59 scrapper11

scrapper11

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • Personal Statement:Faith, Hope and Love... the greatest of these is LOVE!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

Great points & great ways to share the love :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

I've been leaving love in the gallery & love getting comments on my layouts too :thankyou:
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
+ I am proudly & thoroughly enjoying SG, I'm lovin! it here!! Plus proudly creating for my CT's =)

#60 momvetkat

momvetkat

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

I feel like such a bad Scrapgirl! I have always known that feedback was rewarded but didn't quite get how far back it went and now I feel like I never did my part. I admire (and often envy ) so many of the layouts I see but I never think that I should make a comment on each and every one. I am shy even on the internet. So, my bad,now I know the rules, I will try harder.
Kathy
"Then we began to ride. My soul smoothed itself out, a long-cramped scroll freshening and fluttering in the wind" Robert Browning

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users