Help With A Canon Ixus65

Guest pepa

Hi,

I got a Canon IXUS65 for xmas, an upgrade from my Canon Powershot 95 from a few years back. Im not the best photographer in the world, so I normally stick to the Auto mode. However, with the new camera in auto mode, the only option for the flash is OFF or AUTO. Im finding with AUTO it doesnt always work, and therefore im getting dark pics. The other thing its doing that the older one never did, is im finding lots of my photos are grainy? Im not experienced enough to play around with things like ISO, whatever the *** that means, but am willing to learn.......

So, can anyone tell me how to keep the flash on when working with Auto???

2nd question, Canon have bought out a little SLR which is pricey, but still just in my price range. What type of cameras do you use - am I worth taking the plunge and learning more about photography to get my LO's better?

Would appreciate any help anyone can give!

Cheers, PEPA

• 1 month later...
Pepa, I would highly recommend getting a D-SLR! I have a Nikon and I love it! It is more advanced, however, so you would have to learn a little more about it, but luckily, it does come with an Auto mode which is really easy to use! That's my 2 cents worth. :)

Archived