How Do You Make Brushes Bigger

Tigerbaby1981

Jennifer I try and answer but if I get it wrong someone will correct me I hope!
I take it you are in PSE when you go to your brushes tool up on the tool bar on the left 2nd thing along you have a place there to alter the size of your brush. Ususally the biggest size you can get to is 8 inches or 2500px.
I'm not to sure what you do if you want it bigger than that. Hope that helps.

No way to fix it. I don't recommend increasing the size of your brushes because you do lose quality. Look for brushes that are BIG, but the biggest is 8"x8" (2400 pixels square). I try to offer all of my brushes at this size, and you can make them SMALLER, but not bigger. HTH! :)

Oh, and if I want to make things 12"x12", what I do, like I did in this LO, is start 8"x8" and change the IMAGE SIZE to 12"x12" before adding photos, embellishments, journaling. You still loose some quality, though.

Sorry, for some reason, I couldn't attach a thumbnail:
[url="http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?automodule=gallery&req=si&img=16722"][img]http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/uploads/1169401622/gallery_137_32_154099.jpg[/img][/url]

Guest DarleneH
Yes, I do the same thing Talina does if I need a 12x12 brush - make the image 8x8 and then later increase the size to 12x12 after using the brush(es). The great thing about Scrapgirls brushes is that it seems like all the designers create them as 8x8" - which means the quality will still be good when used at that size. Brushes from other places are often created in much smaller sizes, so when they are enlarged, they become pixelated. There is no way to fix this - you just have to use them as smaller brushes to keep the quality. (Oh yes... the shortcut to enlarge/reduce brushes are your bracket keys... left bracket will reduce size, right bracket will increase it.)

Archived