You Didn't Understand My Question

elf1023

In my fonts, there a is Japanese or Chinese wing-ding. If I try to use it, all I get are rectangles, no letters. Am I doing something wrong? I love the oriental letter look, but if I cannot use the font, I may as well delete it and make room for others.

Guest Sharebear57
BTW... (I am not sure if you are more concerned about being able to use the font, or being able to delete it safely but...)if you need a Chinese character for a layout and are using PSE, there are several in the Custom Shapes tool.

Also, if you want to delete a font but are worried about damage it might cause (like Besty said) you could try copying the font into a folder on your desktop, then uninstall it and see what happens. That way, if any problems show up, you can just re-install the font from your desktop folder.

[quote name='Sharebear57' post='94835' date='Feb 4 2007, 10:42 AM']BTW... (I am not sure if you are more concerned about being able to use the font, or being able to delete it safely but...)if you need a Chinese character for a layout and are using PSE, there are several in the Custom Shapes tool.

Also, if you want to delete a font but are worried about damage it might cause (like Besty said) you could try copying the font into a folder on your desktop, then uninstall it and see what happens. That way, if any problems show up, you can just re-install the font from your desktop folder.[/quote]
thank you for your help. I do have pse5, but am new at it and not familiar with that tool, but I will get used to it. I really wanted the chinese/japanese characters for embellishments on cards (non-digital) I will try the capital thing, maybe if I put that font on, and just type with it, it sends in chinese/japanese, you know, like converts it. Oh well!

Just a suggestion, but have you opened your CHARACTER MAP (found in the Accessories folder) to that font? That should tell you which keys have an assigned letter/dingbat in a specific font. I find that it's very helpful with obscure fonts.

Archived