4 replies to this topic

#1 chickypow

chickypow

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:39 PM

So I would like to scan some "things" in, like paper with my writing on it and torn edges...

Is there an easy way to have only the object scanned and not a white background? I find cutting out torn edges of paper is really difficult to do properly so that it keeps the frayed edges...is there an easy way to do this?
Erin and Noah
Noah is now 2.5 Years Old!!
When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Posted Image

#2 Susan Neff

Susan Neff

• Members
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:42 PM

Hmmm.... my best suggestion would be to put some colored paper behind the object your scanning. Let's say you're scanning a red heart. I'd put a green sheet of paper behind it. Then, once you have your image, select the green and delete. HTH :)

#3 chickypow

chickypow

• Members
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:46 PM

oh good idea, I'll have to try that!
Erin and Noah
When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Posted Image

#4 momentousangel

momentousangel

Hope You Have A Happy Scrappy Day!

• Members
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:49 PM

If the object is white, it is best to put a dark color behind it and then erase the color after the image is scanned, zoom in extra close and use a smaller eraser size to get right down to the edges so you can keep them intact. Scanning something like paper that is white will often lose its own natural edges if something isn't placed over it that contains color. I use the eraser and erase away at the colored paper. ;)

If the image is darker that you are wanting to scan, I would make sure the scanner bed is completely clean, and then scan it in and select the white background that the scanner automatically gives it and delete away.

Either way it can seem tedious, but doing this gives great effects to layouts. ;)
Posted Image

To have a friend is to have a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold and an extra pair of legs when yours are too weak to stand alone...

I have been living buried in books and writing classes... as an added note I must say that it is rather scary when you start dreaming and all you can see within your dreams is words floating everywhere!

Posted Image
Valerie Lynn Harrell is the published author of a book of poetry, titled "A Little Girl Lost... Was Found Through Her Writing"

#5 chickypow

chickypow

• Members
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:46 PM

Thanks so much, I'm excited to be able to put some "stuff" on my LO's...frantically running around the house collecting odds and ends to scan!
Erin and Noah

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users