One More Scanning Question

chickypow

So I would like to scan some "things" in, like paper with my writing on it and torn edges...

Is there an easy way to have only the object scanned and not a white background? I find cutting out torn edges of paper is really difficult to do properly so that it keeps the frayed edges...is there an easy way to do this?

Hmmm.... my best suggestion would be to put some colored paper behind the object your scanning. Let's say you're scanning a red heart. I'd put a green sheet of paper behind it. Then, once you have your image, select the green and delete. HTH :)

If the object is white, it is best to put a dark color behind it and then erase the color after the image is scanned, zoom in extra close and use a smaller eraser size to get right down to the edges so you can keep them intact. Scanning something like paper that is white will often lose its own natural edges if something isn't placed over it that contains color. I use the eraser and erase away at the colored paper. ;)

If the image is darker that you are wanting to scan, I would make sure the scanner bed is completely clean, and then scan it in and select the white background that the scanner automatically gives it and delete away.

Either way it can seem tedious, but doing this gives great effects to layouts. ;)

Archived