Q For Valerie Re: Altar Card

MelJohnson

Hi, Valerie. I LOVE your new Altered State collection. What beautiful things! I especially love the design of the altar card, which I'm hoping to send to several church members who are unable to attend services right now because of extended illnesses. The problem is, when I print them out, it looks like the back side is off by about 1/8". I'm new to all this so it's very likely user error, but would you take a look and see what's up? I printed the inside, then turned my paper over and printed the outside, cut it using the guides on the inside, and now have white paper showing on the left-side fold.

I know you're busy so thanks in advance!

Melanie

[quote name='varanda' post='96214' date='Feb 7 2007, 11:23 AM']I notice that sometimes. when I bring in an item, PSCS2 will change the size to like 99% or 98% so check that first. It's in the top menu.[/quote]

I'm not seeing anything that gives a size percentage in the menu.

Can you be more specific as to where I should be looking? (Image>Image Size?)

Ok, I'm realizing it happens when I'm importing using the clipboard.

I made a jpeg for you. I flipped the outside and then laid the inside on top and the bleed allows for plenty of space around the interior. The only thing I can suggest is that it may relate to how your printer is feeding the paper through.

[quote name='varanda' post='96258' date='Feb 7 2007, 01:03 PM']Ok, I'm realizing it happens when I'm importing using the clipboard.

I made a jpeg for you. I flipped the outside and then laid the inside on top and the bleed allows for plenty of space around the interior. The only thing I can suggest is that it may relate to how your printer is feeding the paper through.[/quote]

Good grief...

I just realized what my problem is. The printer setup was for portrait instead of landscape. I thought there was a reason why I was having trouble wrapping my head around how the card looked on the screen and how it kept coming out of the printer! Here's hoping I haven't used up all my ink. :)

Thanks for all the help, Valerie. I really appreciate it!

Archived