I Decided To Upgrade From Pse4 To Cs2, So Does That Mean Pse Actions Are Now Money Down The Drain?

TeaScrapper

I have bought actions for PSE that weren't exactly cheap. Will I be able to use them with CS2 or am I basically throwing them in the trash?

Or, have you ever known designers who maybe allowed you to pay a little extra to upgrade an action?

Just curious what the rest of you do with nonusable products that you paid good money for?

Thanks.

Hey Terri-

Any of the Scrap Simple Tools (Actions, Patterns or Styles here at Scrap Girls) you purchased for pse will work in photoshop as well. You will just copy the tool to a different file.

For example, all of my SS styles are saved to the following path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Styles
(your actions and patterns will be the same just substituting the folder "style" for the appropriate one).

Load your actions in the right folder for CS2 and see. It really depends on the action. Marnie's right about the ones here at Scrap Girls - there are some listed that only work for PS, but I believe all the ones that work in PSE also work in PS.

As for other actions, I know there are many out there that only work in PSE. That's because actions are basically a series of steps all put together to achieve a certain effect, and sometimes the steps needed to achive the final effect are different in PSE than they are in PS.

If you do have some actions that only work in PSE, then I'm afraid that replacing them with a PS version is just part of the cost of the upgrade. ;)

You may simply want to hold on to them in case you have (or end up getting) a secondary computer (laptop, maybe?) that just has PSE loaded on it and not CS2.

Guest sfcgijill
Or, keep both PSE and CS on your computer- I do. I use PSE when I'm using a kit and have photos that don't need much bumping, all I wanna do is scrap quickly and print. I use CS when I'm doing my own papers or have "difficult" photos. PSE for ease and convenience, CS for control and specialty stuff.

Happy, when you say "upgrade," do you mean CS2? Because CS2 and PSE are stand-alone programs. Having both installed on your computer shouldn't be any different than having MS Word and TurboTax on your computer at the same time. :)

In theory, anyway...

Archived