Scanner Shopping Help!

Launa

I need a scanner to scan some snapshots (before digi) anyway I don't neet to scan 12X12 or negatives just the pictures. I know NOTHING! Any suggestions? And I am on a budget, like everyone else I'm sure! I know I can count on Y'all!

Thanks Girls! :thankyou:

I've always used Epson scanners. The one I currently have is the Epson Perfection 1250. It scans letter size or slightly larger, and I've been very happy with it. I got it almost 6 years ago, so I can't even begin to help you on what it sells for. I'd imagine there is a similar one available for a reasonable price.

Another Epson fan here. I use the Epson Perfection 4990 Photo, which, from your post, sounds like more scanner than what you need right now (it scans negatives from 35mm up to 8x10). However, I'm betting that you can't go wrong with Epson products. Check out their website and see what's in your price range. :)

I have a Canon LiDE 25 and I find it just great. I think most of the well known brands are pretty good these days. One thing I would suggest is you make sure you get one with the hinge at the top (short) end rather than one which opens from the side like a book. It just makes scanning your paper layouts (if you do them) a lot easier. You can easily scan both halves and then photomerge (stitch) them together to make a whole layout. I wrote a [url="http://karooch.wordpress.com/2006/11/22/scrapbooking-tips-techniques-photomergeelectronic-versions-of-your-paper-scrapbook-layouts/"]tutorial on my blog on doing a scan and photomerge [/url]if you need to find out how to do it.

Archived