Acdsee Very Indepth System

CathyB

I've developed this crazy system but i think if i can make sure its consistent it will be awesome.

Everything i download gets divided into folders on my system by author & package. Except for Freebies they get thier own folder by website. Then I load them into acdsee and begin catergorizing. I tag the first by what i'm going to use them for ie: Digital Scrapping, Then I tag out the Author, Website & Color. Then for each item i assign it to a different type like a background, Embellisment etc. Then those are subdivided. Backgrounds have solids, patterns, textures, & colorblocks (I'm thinking of adding stripes and plaids too) The embellishments well you know how many different types of embellies their are. Then if the item was part of a kit i label that out too.

So here's my issue

I'm just trying to find out how i can check for consistency. I would like to show items in multiple catergories or items that are in one catergory but not in another, Or items without any catergories and i wanted to do it globally not just for the folder i happen to be in.

Any ideas.

In your Organizing view, you should have an option to check the boxes for any of the tags that you want to search for. When you mark those boxes, you can choose either "Match Any" or "Match All" from the drop-down menu at the top of your Organizing Window Pane. Then, anything you've tagged within those parameters will show up.

If you want to see what you haven't tagged yet, you can go into View>Filter By>Uncategorized and everything that DOESN'T have a tag should show up.

HTH, but let me know if you have more questions!

But there is no way to view all the uncatergorized files without going folder by folder is there....:( and how do i see something that is in one catergory but not another.

ie. I want to see Tags that aren't green or some thing like that (tags and green are both different catergories but i didn't see a way to define the to show only one or another)
I don't see how to define the advanced filters.

[quote name='CathyB' post='102005' date='Feb 22 2007, 05:10 PM']ie. I want to see Tags that aren't green or some thing like that (tags and green are both different catergories but i didn't see a way to define the to show only one or another)
I don't see how to define the advanced filters.[/quote]

I think in order to see Tags that aren't green you would select your Tag category and then select all of your colors EXCEPT green. Then you would select "Match All". I think that would work for you.

Guest faerywings
I just typed all of this out and lost it! Ahhhh!

To see uncatogorized stuff- go to a top level folder. For ex I want to see what Alphas I have uncategorized.
Click on the + sign and make sure all folders and sub folders in Alphas are open.

Shift click so that all of the folders/subfolders in alpha is selected. Then click Ctrl-A to select all of the files.

In your organize pane, the bottom section is "Special Items." The last one is "Uncategorized". Click that and the untagged stuff should come up.

Archived