Hello =o)

Guest Alley

Guest Alley
Hello, my name is Alley.. and I just stumbled across (and fell in love) with the world of digital scrapbooking this week quite by accident. I'm really excited about it and am looking forward to making my own digital scrapbooking pages, and creating scrapbooking supplies (but there is so much to learn!). I have been making country-style computer graphics as a hobby since 1999. I have loved making real scrapbooks but I haven't done it so much lately. =o) Hum what else about me... I'm 24, Live in Savannah, Georgia, A Christian, and I LOVE giraffes. =o) I am looking forward to meeting others who share this passion!

~Alley =o)

hi Alley! and welcome
I must warn you that digital scrapping can be so addicting! Since you've been creating with a computer, I think you'll have no trouble adapting.

Can't wait to see you first layout!

Hi Alley, oh forgive me, i have to say that based on what you know about computers, digi scrappin' will be right up your alley! ugh :justthinkingabout it:

You'll have lots of fun here, great ideas, tons to learn and great place to share. my DH loves giraffes, too. He paints them often.

Welcome! :dancingcow: :dancingcow: :dancingcow:

Guest Jadedolphin
[quote name='varanda' date='Mar 10 2005, 05:03 PM']Hi Alley, oh forgive me, i have to say that based on what you know about computers, digi scrappin' will be right up your alley! ugh  :justthinkingabout it:

[color="blue"]You'll have lots of fun here, great ideas, tons to learn and great place to share. my DH loves giraffes, too. He paints them often.[/color]
Welcome!  :dancingcow:  :dancingcow:  :dancingcow:
[right][post="6180"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Does he use a ladder V or a platform to paint them??

Hi Alley!!

:dancingcow: :dancingghost: :dancingcow: :dancingghost: :dancingcow:

Guest talina
Hi Alley! Glad you found us and the fabulous world of digital scrapping! I look forward to seeing your layouts also!

Guest Alley
Wow, what a wonderful welcome. =o) I can already tell that I could become quite addicted to this. I think what has been most frustrating (and has held me up a lot so far) is that I want to use some of my own things in my lay outs, and I can't figure out how to save with more than 72 ppi. I'm in Paint Shop Pro 7, so I am not even sure if it has that capability. I have Photo shop, but I still haven't gotten the hang of it, and can't make near as much with it (hopefully I will learn!)

Guest Alley
[quote name='wxchic' date='Mar 10 2005, 10:37 AM']Hi Alley!  Welcome!  I am a paper scrapper myself dabbling in digital...but I love it so far.  You can get lots of tips and advice here.  Hope you enjoy it.  Can't wait to see some of your work!
[right][post="6177"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hi Theresa! Thanks so much for the welcome. I haven't done very many paperlay-outs, although I have supplies for it. I think I want to try my hand at one of those paper bag books (how adorable are they?) I look forward to all the tips & advice, I welcome all I can get! :happy sun:

~Alley =O) :happy-sun:

Guest Alley
[quote name='dinny' date='Mar 10 2005, 11:48 AM']hi Alley! and welcome
I must warn you that digital scrapping can be so addicting! Since you've been creating with a computer, I think you'll have no trouble adapting.

Can't wait to see you first layout!
[right][post="6178"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hi Dinny~

Thanks for the welcome (And the Warning!) I can already tell that I'm acting a little obsessive about this. I haven't went to bed at a decent hour for over a week now. *LOL* I don't think I'll have problems with the positioning, etc. What I'm worried about is saving right now.. and whether I'm working with a program that I can save-with-quality in. I worked on a little sample peice just to see if I could. It isn't saved in that "quality" though.. you can see it here:

[url="http://www.wishesandwhims.com/thanksgiving04c.jpg"]http://www.wishesandwhims.com/thanksgiving04c.jpg[/url]

~Alley =o)

Guest Alley
[quote name='varanda' date='Mar 10 2005, 12:03 PM']Hi Alley, oh forgive me, i have to say that based on what you know about computers, digi scrappin' will be right up your alley! ugh  :justthinkingabout it:

You'll have lots of fun here, great ideas, tons to learn and great place to share. my DH loves giraffes, too. He paints them often.

Welcome!  :dancingcow:  :dancingcow:  :dancingcow:
[right][post="6180"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Hi Valerie~

I *lloooovvveee* Cory jokes and play-on-words. Ha I think it's right up my Alley as well. :P This has definatly been my favorite place I've found for Scrapbooking online so far. I was so excited when I found it. I can't say as I've painted giraffes (especially not real ones like, or dunking them.. *LOL*)... but I do like making graphics of them. My dining room is actually in giraffes (See, I already know how to be obsessive! *LOL*). I'm looking forward to all the fun, ideas, learning and sharing!

~Alley =o)

Guest Alley
[quote name='Jadedolphin' date='Mar 10 2005, 02:23 PM']Hi Alley!!

[right][post="6181"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hi Breedeen! =o)

Guest Alley
[quote name='talina' date='Mar 10 2005, 03:47 PM']Hi Alley! Glad you found us and the fabulous world of digital scrapping! I look forward to seeing your layouts also!
[right][post="6183"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hi Talina~

Thanks so much for the welcome. I can't tell you how glad I was to find this site in particular and Digital Scrapbooking in general! I posted a like to a little "sample" peice I started working on (But It's not saved for quality right now) I look forward to making some real layouts!

~Alley =o)

Guest Alley
[quote name='ScrappingForever' date='Mar 10 2005, 04:13 PM']Alley! Welcome to Scrap Girls and the wonderful worlds of paper and digi scrapping! I'm a paper scrapper myself, desparately holding on to my scissors!

I know you will enjoy it (become addicted!) like the rest of us! Can't wait to see your work!
[right][post="6189"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hi Jan~

Thanks so much for the welcome! I'm looking forward to doing a little of it all! I had never even thought about doing scrapbooking crafts with paper bags, paint cans, or altoids tins until I came here! =oP I am afraid I'm not going to have enough time to do all the fun stuff I would like. Do you do any digi scrapping, or just paper? There are definately some beautiful things that can be done with both! I think I'm addicted already and I haven't even really started! *LOL* =o)

~Alley =o)

Alley, I think you're going to fit in here just fine! And I looked at your first creation. You seem to be a natural at this!

At this point, the only things I do digitally are modify my pictures, journaling, etc. and print out the wonderful Scrap Girls papers! I am going to start learning, starting with the crop and learn on the 17th! I don't think I'll ever become completely digital, tho. I like working with my hands, and getting messy, too much!

Guest Alley
[quote name='varanda' date='Mar 10 2005, 07:47 PM']Me? ONLY digi, except for when I do crafts!
[right][post="6201"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Valerie~

Thats really neat. Digital scrapbooking was such a good idea. I'm so glad someone thought of it. =o)

~Alley =o)

Guest Alley
[quote name='ScrappingForever' date='Mar 10 2005, 10:26 PM']Alley, I think you're going to fit in here just fine! And I looked at your first creation. You seem to be a natural at this!

At this point, the only things I do digitally are modify my pictures, journaling, etc. and print out the wonderful Scrap Girls papers! I am going to start learning, starting with the crop and learn on the 17th! I don't think I'll ever become completely digital, tho. I like working with my hands, and getting messy, too much!
[right][post="6203"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hey Jan~

Aww thank you! I sure hope so! :dancingcow: Thanks for looking! I don't think I'll have trouble creating (at least I hope not, might have some challenges every now and again) but saving is my big issue right now. I just don't know how to solve it.

I like how there is a mix of different types of scrapbookers on here... It's alll creating, it's just how we like doing it best. Both ways are wonderful to my way of thinking. I think if I started printing stuff, I'd go through print cartriges like crazy, there is just so much wonderful stuff... I'd have trouble limiting myself. =oP

~Alley =o)

Guest Alley
:dancingcow: ... Just an update, I figured out how to change my default settings from 72ppi to 300ppi, so I can save stuff correctly now. (no more complaining from me about it, promise. :disappearing-smilie:

~Alley =o)

Hi Alley. Welcome to Scrap Girls. I'm into both digital and paper scrapping. As for your trouble with saving, I think it looks like you got your questions answered on another post...am I right? We wouldn't want to leave you hanging. :)

Guest Alley
[quote name='Artsy22' date='Mar 10 2005, 11:31 PM']Hi Alley.  Welcome to Scrap Girls.  I'm into both digital and paper scrapping.  As for your trouble with saving, I think it looks like you got your questions answered on another post...am I right?  We wouldn't want to leave you hanging.  :)
[right][post="6212"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hi Mandy~

Thank you so much for the welcome. I can tell I'm going to like both digital and paper scrapping, but I think Digital is going to end up being more economical for me.. going into a scrapbooking store is VERY hard for me.. I WANT IT ALL! =oP I didn't exactly get the answer I needed in the post, but I don't know if I was explaining my issue very well either. (I've been known to confuse people from time to time.). I *did* get my problem fixed though and now I'm really excited to start creating. =o) Thanks for the concern.

~Alley =o)

Your Thanksgiving piece is nice. You just have to start at 300dpi, not save it later as that resoultion, especially if nothing was at 300dpi to start with. (All our digital and printable stuff here at Scrap Girls is, so if you start with that, you'll be fine.)

Guest Alley
[quote name='Betsy' date='Mar 11 2005, 11:29 AM']Hi Alley! Welcome!

We've managed to suck another one to The Dark Side with digiscrapping, huh? LOL!

Glad you're here! Looks like you've jumped right in - That's AWESOME!

Welcome!
[right][post="6226"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hi Betsy!

Thanks so much. =o) I sure have been sucked in, and loving every minute of it! I'm trying to jump right in with it. There is so much to see though that I've spent a lot of time just seeing what is available! (And what everyone else has done!) =o) It's definately been fun, even when I haven't done much of it yet!

~Alley =o)

Guest Alley
[quote name='varanda' date='Mar 11 2005, 12:21 PM']Your Thanksgiving piece is nice. You just have to start at 300dpi, not save it later as that resoultion, especially if nothing was at 300dpi to start with. (All our digital and printable stuff here at Scrap Girls is, so if you start with that, you'll be fine.)
[right][post="6233"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Thanks Varanda. I'm just glad I figured out the 300dpi before I had really designed anything for printing! I love this site! =o) You ladies are wonderful.

~Alley =o)

Archived