Saving Images/ 300 Dpi

Guest Alley

Guest Alley
So I have read that when you create graphics for Scrapbooking purposes you want them to be 300 DPI for printing quality. I use Paint Shop Pro 7 and I can't quite figure out how to make sure that the image is being saved at 300 DPI or if it is even possible with PSP. When I look at image information I see "72 ppi" but I'm not sure whether DPI & PPI are interchangable or not. I've saved images as .png and as .jpg . Does anyone know how to find out what an image is saved as, and/or how to save it that way? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

~Alley =o)

Guest gauchogirl
For all intents and purposes, PPI and DPI are the same. (They aren't completley the same, but in this case, yes they are interchangeable.) If your file shows it is 72 PPI, then it is not high enough res for quality printing. While you may think you can just "change" your 72 ppi file to 300 (and you CAN, but that's not what you want to do) you really need to have created it at 300 to begin with. That is the ONLY way to get the quality you're looking for. If you're already done with your LO, I'm sorry to say the only real way to get the high-quality is to start over :(
Good luck!
Tonya

Guest Alley
[quote name='gauchogirl' date='Mar 10 2005, 03:19 AM']...you really need to have created it at 300 to begin with. That is the ONLY way to get the quality you're looking for. If you're already done with your LO, I'm sorry to say the only real way to get the high-quality is to start over :(
Good luck!
Tonya
[right][post="6173"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hey Tonya ~

Thanks for getting back to me. I haven't made any layouts yet (except a trial card). What I'm trying to figure out is how to save graphics (whether I made them or someone else made them) in a 300 way. I see all over the place that thats what they need to be, but I'm not sure if I can get it with PSP or not (I have seen that other people use it so I'm hoping so)! I am looking forward to making pages, but I don't want to mess it all up from the start. Thanks a bunch!

~Alley =o)

Archived