Scrappy Swap Challenge!

chickypow

I'm excited to announce a new challenge for March!! Photo Swapping! Do you have a boy and want to scrap a girl? Have a dog and want to scrap a cat? Live in the snow and want to scrap some sun? Then this challenge is for you!! We will be swapping photos and creating layouts for our partners and then getting together in the chat room on March 13th at 2 pm EST to chat and upload our pages. If you can't make the chat, you are still welcome to participate, all we ask is that you upload the LO you have created for your partner on March 13th before 2pm EST. If you are able to, then join ScrapGirls layout designers Erin Hooper and Laurel Lakey in the chat room for a fun celebration of all our scrappy talent!

How it works:

You will have 6 days to sign up here and contact me via email with your name, screen name and email address. On March 6th Laurel and I will match up names and post a list of partners as well as email you your partner's name and email address. You then have 1 week to exchange photos and get scrappin'!! On March 13th we will all gather in the chat room to oooh and aaaah over the wonderful LO's that our partners have created for us!

Once we sort out partners you will need to email your partner some pictures, along with some journaling, what size you scrap, and dates. Also include anything you really love, or anything you really don't like, for examples if the colour green really upsets you, let your partner know! Or if you really love stitching, tell your partner! You have until the 13th to complete the layout. Please do NOT upload your LO to the gallery until the 13th. We all want to share in the fun at the same time!

Please make sure that you can fully committ to completing a LO for your partner in the time allocated, it's not fair to your partner if you cannot do so. And keep in mind that we all have different styles, that is part of the fun of a scrappy swap! At the end of the chat I will ask everyone to email a FLATTENED copy of the LO they created to their partner, we are sharing pages, not supplies, so ensure that you save a print quality/sized copy of the LO you create.

If you are interested and want to participate, sign up under this post and email me at chickypow@hotmail.com. Remember that the deadline for signing up is March 6th! We won't be able to pair anyone up after that date as it will not provide enough time for your partner to create a great LO for you!

**If at anytime during the swap you realize that you cannot complete the LO for your partner for whatever reason, please pm myself and/or Laurel ASAP to let us know. We will figure something out from there.

Photo swaps are fun! Scrapping for someone else is fun! So be kind, be creative and HAVE FUN!

I would so love to play, Erin!

I wonder if dd would put her 21st bday off a couple of days? hmmmmm............I think NOT! LOL

I would so love to play, Erin!

I wonder if dd would put her 21st bday off a couple of days? hmmmmm............I think NOT! LOL

You can still play Dee! Even if your not at the chat you can still swap, chat times never work for EVERYBODY!

Ok, I really love the sound of this. I'm in and will be sending my email asap. Here's my question: define "flattened copy". Does this mean I need to work in PSE or PSP? Or does it mean a 300dpi jpg? Please have mercy on me, I'm still trying to learn PSP and doing my main scrapping in CorelDraw.

Ok, I really love the sound of this. I'm in and will be sending my email asap. Here's my question: define "flattened copy". Does this mean I need to work in PSE or PSP? Or does it mean a 300dpi jpg? Please have mercy on me, I'm still trying to learn PSP and doing my main scrapping in CorelDraw.

You can work in whatever you want, what I meant was simply that it MUST be a Jpg - no layered files.

Guest spec_ed

This sounds like so much fun! But I'm not the most proficient scrapper in the world. Does it matter?? Can you pair me up with someone who is somewhat at the same level (inbetween beginner and intermediate) I would hate to think that I might disappoint my partner.

This sounds like so much fun! But I'm not the most proficient scrapper in the world. Does it matter?? Can you pair me up with someone who is somewhat at the same level (inbetween beginner and intermediate) I would hate to think that I might disappoint my partner.

Don't feel intimidated at all! We're just here to have fun, not necessarily masterpieces. Besides, sometimes it's just fun to get a different scrapping perspective than your own.

And don't worry, we'll match you with someone along the same lines as you, that way it won't be off-balanced.

But the main idea is just to get a chance to create something for someone that they may not have thought of, and to get the same for yourself.

So sign up and don't stress, just be prepared to have a blast! :)

Guest Mandiannie

Count me in. This sounds like great fun. Question? how many photos do we send? or is it just how many we want on our layout?

Count me in. This sounds like great fun. Question? how many photos do we send? or is it just how many we want on our layout?

It's however many you want on your LO! Totally up to you! So glad your joining in! Going to check my email now!

Archived