Best Way To Use Sg Patterns

KellyChron

I have several SG patterns and I have moved them to the correct folder and load them without a problem.

I am wondering what is the best way to use them. I can't seem to recolor them and the best I have done with patterns is in the "texturizer". I think that is the effect I am really wanting to achieve... but I was wondering what do you do with SG patterns? How do you use them?

Thanks for the help!

~Kelly ;)

Guest katiekat

The way I used mine was on the white/cream colored ones...I opened a new layer and then used brushes both textured and otherwize to add nice blended coloring to the patterns. Someone may have a better way...and I will keep trying to learn more. I hope I can help you.

I've read the tutorial on the SG Paper templates like a zillion times, I can get it to work just like in the tutorial, but how do I add one of the SG patterns behind instead of the texturizer (I have put the patterns in the correct folder to come up in PSE under fill- pattern).

How do I get the overlay (png file) to be in a different color and still look like part of the paper instead of sitting on top of another paper...

Please tell me how y'all use your ScrapSimple paper templates and patterns...

TIA!

;)

You can make a new 12x12 layer, fill it with the colour you want, then put the pattern layer over top and change the blending mode to overlay and the play with the opacity of the pattern layer.

This works great for me!

Archived