Elements

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 laurielou

laurielou
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2005 - 01:12 PM

hbccilap@hallbros.net ( I downloaded a kit and all the elements are on one page. I need to know how to save the elements seperately so i can pull them into fotofusion one at a time.
Please help!! Thanks

#2 Betsy

Betsy

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 01:37 PM

Laurie -

Welcome to ScrapGirls!

Just give us a little more information so we can help - what program are you using? Is it a transparent (.png) file or a .jpg file?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 laurielou

laurielou
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2005 - 03:16 PM

Laurie -

Welcome to ScrapGirls!

Just give us a little more information so we can help  - what program are you using? Is it a transparent (.png) file or a .jpg file?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have Paint Shop Pro 9 and I also have Photoshop CS. I use fotofusion for the layout and I need to seperate the elements and save them in a folder in order to add them to fotofusion. They are transparent .png files.

Thanks

#4 varanda

varanda

whatevah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,467 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 03:50 PM

In Photoshop, use the marquee tool (top left) to select each (click at top left of item, then drag until entire item is enclosed within the dotted line, which looks like moving ants).

Copy, open new, paste, Save As a png and rename.

Or use the polyganol lasso tool if the item is irregular and click around the outside in the "white" or transparent space and then Copy, open new, paste, Save As a png and rename.

The marching ant tools select the image only.

hope that helps.
Valerie

#5 laurielou

laurielou
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2005 - 04:06 PM

In Photoshop, use the marquee tool (top left) to select each (click at top left of item, then drag until entire item is enclosed within the dotted line, which looks like moving ants).

Copy, open new, paste, Save As a png and rename.

Or use the polyganol lasso tool if the item is irregular and click around the outside in the "white" or transparent space and then Copy, open new, paste, Save As a png and rename.

The marching ant tools select the image only.

hope that helps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it.

#6 gauchogirl

gauchogirl

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:09 PM

We have also started including the seperate PNGs for all the new kits so this won't be a problem in the future. (And we're working on retro-fitting the kits already on the site so they have this also.)
Tonya
[ t ]

gauchogirl
"If you're gonna' get wet, you might as well go swimming."
ScrapGirls Designer | my Scrapgirls gallery | my Scrapgirls boutique | Owner, Gauchogirl Creative

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users