Elements

Guest laurielou

Guest laurielou
[email=hbccilap@hallbros.net]hbccilap@hallbros.net[/email] ( I downloaded a kit and all the elements are on one page. I need to know how to save the elements seperately so i can pull them into fotofusion one at a time.
Please help!! Thanks

Guest laurielou
[quote name='Betsy' date='Mar 16 2005, 01:37 PM']Laurie -

Welcome to ScrapGirls!

Just give us a little more information so we can help  - what program are you using? Is it a transparent (.png) file or a .jpg file?
[right][post="6377"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I have Paint Shop Pro 9 and I also have Photoshop CS. I use fotofusion for the layout and I need to seperate the elements and save them in a folder in order to add them to fotofusion. They are transparent .png files.

Thanks

In Photoshop, use the marquee tool (top left) to select each (click at top left of item, then drag until entire item is enclosed within the dotted line, which looks like moving ants).

Copy, open new, paste, Save As a png and rename.

Or use the polyganol lasso tool if the item is irregular and click around the outside in the "white" or transparent space and then Copy, open new, paste, Save As a png and rename.

The marching ant tools select the image only.

hope that helps.

Guest laurielou
[quote name='varanda' date='Mar 16 2005, 03:50 PM']In Photoshop, use the marquee tool (top left) to select each (click at top left of item, then drag until entire item is enclosed within the dotted line, which looks like moving ants).

Copy, open new, paste, Save As a png and rename.

Or use the polyganol lasso tool if the item is irregular and click around the outside in the "white" or transparent space and then Copy, open new, paste, Save As a png and rename.

The marching ant tools select the image only.

hope that helps.
[right][post="6384"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it.

Guest gauchogirl
We have also started including the seperate PNGs for all the new kits so this won't be a problem in the future. (And we're working on retro-fitting the kits already on the site so they have this also.)
Tonya

Archived