Upgrading From Pse 3 To Pse 5?

Mindy

I noticed that an upgrade to PSE 5 is on sale this week at Staples (39 something). I'm currently using PSE 3. My question - can all of my pictures, including tags, and all of the styles, etc. that I've accumulated be easily moved from PSE 3 to 5? Can't decide whether it's worth the money to upgrade in the first place and also want to make sure that I'm able to transfer everything easily.

Oh good question... I have one to... Is is worth it to upgrade from PSE 4 to 5?? I read somewhere that some of the functions were taken away from the newer version? I don't know if that's true. I also read on the mb here that with 5 you can customize shadows? Any advice please... I wish I could get PS CS2 but maybe can do PSE 5.

TIA :)

Anybody know how hard or time consuming it is to move everything from PSE 3 to 5? I know it depends on how much stuff I have (quite a bit and growing!), but just a general idea would help!

I'm still trying to decide whether to bother upgrading or not. It's on sale for a couple more days, so I have a few days left to ponder. Decisions, decisions! :unsure: I keep going back and forth!!! Any opinions?

Well, not to be a shopping enabler or anything...

But yeah, I'd get it. :)

I have both PSE3 and PSE5, and I only use PSE5. I bought PSE5 at $79 and feel it's been worth every penny - so I'd definitely get it for $39. Just my opinion. ;)

Guest siraacsa

I too was worried about upgrading, but since I got the trial version and then the full version I have never ever opened 3 again. I can't even remember what it was that I was so worried about. You don't need to transfer anything, just install it and it does it all for you, no probs. You can still keep your version of 3 (no need to delete it), you just cannot run them both at the same time on the one computer.

Guest kshabowski

I made the switch a few weeks ago and it was easy. No need to do anything special, transfers are automatic. I say Go For It!

Kathy

Guest Sharebear57

I started with PSE4 and got 5 for christmas. I just wanted to add in my vote for "PSE5 is awesome!" I thought I was happy with 4 until I saw what 5 could do. It is way better! If you can it for $39 GO FOR IT! I think you will be very happy that you did.

There is another thread somewhere where someone was asking about upgrading to PSE5 and myself and some other people gave a list of some of our favorite new features. If you can hunt down that thread, it might be helpful in your decision...

I bought PSE 5 this morning (woo hoo!) and just finished installing it. It does look prettier! :D I can tell I'm going to love the align option and the text box. Those were 2 things that I was unable to do in PSE 3 that frustrated me. I have two questions (I'm sure I'll have more, but these are the first things that I've come across!). First, where do I put my styles now so they'll show up? They're currently not showing up in the new version and I LOVE my styles. :cheeringdog:

Next, since I'm used to the file browser and PSE 5 doesn't have that, when I go File < Open - to see my supplies, how do I change the default to always come up as thumbnails? Right now, it's just the file name (and I can't remember what things look like by just the name!). I figured out how to change it to thumbnail, but have to change it each time I open up the folder.

Ladies you will like PSE5 at least I do alot

remember all you "stuff" goes in a particular file so to speak

C> documents settings> all users>application data> adobe> Photo shop elements>5.0>Photo creations>& what I did was create a new folder & named it what it was & dl to that file & when you restart pse up for the 1st time make sure you hold the shift button down because I was told it helps load everything in it's proper slot, Now I have tried to get rid of things like the instructions & stuff that appear & found that it don't bother me so i left the whole folder in its place HOPE THAT HELPS!!!

caren

• 2 weeks later...

Archived