Hardbound 12x12

May 16th: Rose Ann sent me a PM yesterday:

"Hey Thess-

Hope you are well today. We are in the last week of school here, and things are INSANE!

I noticed a post today asking about printing LO's, and I remember you saying a while back that you were really happy with where you had your book made, but I can't remember where you said you had it done. Do you mind posting it again?

Thanks very much!!

--------------------

Rose Ann"

So I'm bumping this up for our newer members to read!

I'm so happy I almost forget my pneumonia!!!

My first 12x12 hardbound book from Shutterfly just arrived all the way from the US!

It's beautiful! :dancingelephant:

98 pages, perfect colors, no journaling lost in the binding, the cover just as I wanted it!

DH loves it and asked when I'm finished with "our" Africa-album...

• 2 weeks later...

Did Shutterfly tell you exactly how much would be trimmed or what size to make the pages? My picaboo album lost details ALL over the place. They said they'd re-print it for free, but first I have to go back through and edit all of the pictures. It's been the biggest pain.

Did Shutterfly tell you exactly how much would be trimmed or what size to make the pages? My picaboo album lost details ALL over the place. They said they'd re-print it for free, but first I have to go back through and edit all of the pictures. It's been the biggest pain.

Shutterfly has recently been set up for Digital Scrapbookers, so they have templates/guides for what will be cut off.

I hadn't seen those before I made most of my LO's, but I had expected 1/8 of an inch to disappear, so I was safe!

That's what they say can get cut off.

My book is 96 or 98 pages, and I lost nothing in the binding!

Here's the link to their Scrapbook-page: Shutterfly Scrapbooks

They have guidelines and specs there!

Or when you are in their products-section, click on "Photobooks" and then at the bottom is "Print your Digital Scrapbook"

That's awesome Thess! I can just imagine how beautiful it must be with all of your layouts.

I'm glad it made you forget about being sick for a bit! :) Hope you are feeling much better soon!

Great! I can't wait to check out their scrapbook stuff. I created a book there several years ago just using their templates. It turned out great and I gave it as a gift. Now that I can scrap digitally my next book will be even better!

Jenn

Guest firecracker55

Sorry to hear you haven't been well but I'm so glad you shared how happy your new book has made you. I have been thinking of trying Shutterfly and I will definitely go ahead and do it now! Get well!

Guest DeeZee

I love my book too BUT ... the glue in the binding is letting go! I emailed them -- it is possible that I got a bad book for whatever reason. I'd love to know how yours is holding up!! (I got mine at the beginning of Feb)

Guest K Scrappy

I did an 8x8 album on my son about a month ago. It was gorgeous as Thess said her's was. If I wasn't so impatient to see my pages a couple at a time, I think I would do all of my albums this way. My next one will be a 12 x 12. I LOVE that they let you do your own front and back covers too!

Guest uules

I just received my Shutterfly 8x8 books (got 3 copies) and LOVE THEM. Before I was creating scrapbook layouts digitally, I did complete one of their 5 x 7 standard template books, and it was nice. This one just blows that away. This time, I did an ABC album all in black and white. Using PSE3, I was easily able to resize my 12 x 12 psd files into 300dpi jpg files as a group. I uploaded them all in no time and using their instructions, made the covers and spine. Nothing was cropped off and it looks very nice with the black glossy cover.

My book had 52 pages (one A-Z's each for my two kids). I didn’t want to pay for two 26 page books, so I rotated the second set of A-Z pages 180 degrees so it was up side down. I made the back cover upside down also. Can you picture this? When you hold the book 'normally' you flip through the first 26 pages of my daughter. When you get 1/2 way through, you can turn the whole book upside down and start at the "back cover" and flip through my son's A-Z pages. They meet in the middle. It's a pretty neat trick and a great way to make them each feel special while containing printing costs. Neither can say that they were 'first' or 'last'. Only bad part was the barcode on the back cover...oh well. I also suppose it only works with two kids LOL

Anyway, I highly recommend you have at least some of your layouts printed this way. It makes a stunning gift. I ordered this at 10PM CST on Monday and they shipped them out on Tuesday. That's really fast!! I'm hoping for another 20% off sale about the same time I finish redoing my parent's wedding album. THAT will be a 12 x 12.

Guest DeeZee

just wanted to update that I let Shutterfly know and they're sending me a new book; they said this was NOT normal and I shouldn't be having htis problem.

Thanks for sharing -- your book sounds wonderful. I am working on pages for my parents' 50th this summer and have just started looking into printing. It seems like there is lots of time but I'm trying to gather pictures and notes from friends around the country and do at least 50 layouts. I am trying to assess options now so I know if there are any particular considerations required for doing the pages.

This thread helps. Cheers,

Archived