5 replies to this topic

#1 mickelle

mickelle

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:33 PM

I'd hate to think the world would end and I'd lose my harddrive, or my external harddrive, but it could happen... still, it seems like a lot of work to organize your zip files just in case.

Do most digiscrappers organize their zips? Should I?

#2 chickypow

chickypow

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:37 PM

I burn them onto DVD's so that I have a back up.
Erin and Noah
Noah is now 2.5 Years Old!!
When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Posted Image

#3 ManiakMama

ManiakMama

The Maniak Mama

• Members
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:00 PM

Not sure what exactly you mean by organize, but I do back mine up on DVD's as well. I also keep them all on my EHD, but they are just sorted int he order that they were downloaded. HTH!
Posted Image
My Blog Maniak Madness | Check out My Gallery | Guardian Angels for Soldier's Pet | Ten Tiny Toes Photography
CS4 | Lightroom | Canon Digital Rebel XTi & Sony DSC H2
Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Jennifer in NC

Jennifer in NC

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:55 PM

I burn all of mine onto DVD's and label the discs, but that's it.

I'm a space-miser, so I don't keep them on my hard drive unzipped. I have a JPEG of each collection in its folder, so when I look at my collections I see one thumbnail of the collection (or the collection and paper minis), then I unzip the colors I'm looking for. I know this makes it harder for me to find embellishments and alphabets, but I tend to stick with one collection at a time for that.

All of my non-collection stuff is sorted by type - paper templates, tags, styles, custom shapes, etc...
Jennifer in NC

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

My Gallery

#5 goofyemt96

goofyemt96

I don't need spellcheck i need a new hand!

• Members
  • 17,537 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:01 PM

As soon as I Unzip ..I have another folder that all my Scrapgirls Zip go into and when im able to full a CD i put them on them..But all my Scrapgirls stuff is on its own EHD Dont want to lose all that money *L*...I have to EHD..a 250 GB and a 30 and scrapgirls is on that one for now *L* .....

But definetly back up!!!
Posted Image

Save the money!!
My Gallery Spread the Love

A good cheerleader is not measured by the height of her jumps but by the span of her spirit. ~Author Unknown

#6 Tina M

Tina M

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:26 PM

Oh man... I am so glad I got an External HD. My new computer had to go into the shop..they kept it for 3 wks and I was having withdrawl and this definately saved me so I could open a few on my extra PC(the old one). I unzip into the folders I set up based on Ro's "How to file your digital ..." in the University and then I keep a folder with all the zips in it and also A folder on the External for all the zips. I just have them sort by date , so I can sorta remember what I got ..when..etc. It was well worth the 4 days It took me to get the job done.
My Stuff if you wanna peak

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users