Organizing Your Zipped Files

mickelle

I'd hate to think the world would end and I'd lose my harddrive, or my external harddrive, but it could happen... still, it seems like a lot of work to organize your zip files just in case.

Do most digiscrappers organize their zips? Should I?

• 1 month later...

Oh man... I am so glad I got an External HD. My new computer had to go into the shop..they kept it for 3 wks and I was having withdrawl and this definately saved me so I could open a few on my extra PC(the old one). I unzip into the folders I set up based on Ro's "How to file your digital ..." in the University and then I keep a folder with all the zips in it and also A folder on the External for all the zips. I just have them sort by date , so I can sorta remember what I got ..when..etc. It was well worth the 4 days It took me to get the job done.

I burn all of mine onto DVD's and label the discs, but that's it.

I'm a space-miser, so I don't keep them on my hard drive unzipped. I have a JPEG of each collection in its folder, so when I look at my collections I see one thumbnail of the collection (or the collection and paper minis), then I unzip the colors I'm looking for. I know this makes it harder for me to find embellishments and alphabets, but I tend to stick with one collection at a time for that.

All of my non-collection stuff is sorted by type - paper templates, tags, styles, custom shapes, etc...

As soon as I Unzip ..I have another folder that all my Scrapgirls Zip go into and when im able to full a CD i put them on them..But all my Scrapgirls stuff is on its own EHD Dont want to lose all that money *L*...I have to EHD..a 250 GB and a 30 and scrapgirls is on that one for now *L* .....

But definetly back up!!!

Archived