Digital Scrapbooking Magazine Question

Becca

Guest zachsmommy

Still don't have mine, and frankly, I'm not too pleased about this having to pay before seeing the first issue (granted, I could buy it at the store, but that's not what the charter membership is all about)....plus, all these duplicate invoices....seems like they should have their act together a little bit better. IMO, anyway. Guess I'll go pay online and go out and buy myself the issue tomorrow. I'm sick of waiting.

Bah.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pebbles

I got my email invoice, paper invoice and no magazine yet. I paid online thinking it would speed up getting the magazine. Still nothing yet! I saw it a Walmart, picked it up to browse through it and then put it back! I want to enjoy it here at home while I'm eating breakfast or something...didn't want to ruin it. I'll post when I actually get the thing! Can't wait!

I just got the mail and guess what - the magazine arrived! Haven't had a chance to look through it much yet, but I did flip it open on the way back from the mailbox and guess what page I opened it to? It was Thao's LO! Gorgeous (as always!). Made me feel right at home!

I'm still waiting for mine, too... but I've signed up for other introductory magazine offers and received the invoice first... and I was not required to pay until after I received the first magazine. Perhaps this magazine is different? I agree, I hope they get the kinks straightened out before they turn off too many customers.

I just got the mail and guess what - the magazine arrived! Haven't had a chance to look through it much yet, but I did flip it open on the way back from the mailbox and guess what page I opened it to? It was Thao's LO! Gorgeous (as always!). Made me feel right at home!

Hmm, Iowa? Getting a little closer... Maybe tomorrow!

Oh, I am jealous! I was thinking that I will get their current issue any day now but after reading these posts I don't think I will get one until April :-( I am off to the bookstore tomorrow! Does anyone know if you can get it online at Amazon or B&N??

Jenn

Guest Happy99

Have not received mine, but I was told when I paid over the phone that the new issue would not go out until the end of March. Way to go on the person who already got hers:)

There is another Digital Scrapbooking magazine out it is at www.scrapbookdimensions.com for 20 bucks a year mailed to you or 15 bucks emailed to you. I have not signed up for that one. Still thinking about it:)

I just longed on the webpage and had to change my address. I have no idea how they got my US address, I gave them my Japan address and I paid for International shipping. It also showed that I hadn't paid, so I give the information from my credit card saying that I've already paid. I got a message saying I should here back from them in 2 days.

I paid online about 3 weeks ago and that payment cleared right away of course. Then last week I got a paper invoice as well and just tore that up since I had already paid. I did go ahead and buy the first issue at B&N since I couldn't wait. Hopefully I'll get the June issue in May since this first issue is the April/May one.

Guest K Scrappy

I signed up as the charter membership when the site first opened at the introductory rate of $11.99 and then never heard a peep back. I didn't have the suspended thing online because I didn't even have a profile online (even after subscribing) so I decided to email them after people started saying the premiere issue had shipped and some people had received theirs. Then about a week later I got a bill in the mail, but still no magazine.

I also saw them for sale at Joanns, but the price was over half what I'd pay for a year, so I didn't but it. I'm hoping still to receive the magazine in the mail and then I'll pay the bill. I also was under the impression you should get the first magazine then a bill and after that was paid, you'd get the 2nd issue.

Well I signed up for the magazine and had to pay by credit card because I live in Australia. When I checked my status yesterday it said I was not getting a mag until Jun/Jul.

I will just have to hope it arrives but it is a long time to wait.

Sue

Hi Sue - im in the same boat as you, however I did e-mail them directly (as they took my money straight away), and got a personal e-mail back saying that I will receive the April/May issue by the 23rd April (which is ages away, but at least its on its way!).

Hope this helps!

It is a beautiful magazine. I have been die hard paper and scissors scrapper... but I had to buy the magazine at Joanne's and now... well... I'm here on this site... so I must have been impressed. I have decided to make the slow transition to digital. I was asking on another thread.... I own paint shop pro 9 .... but have no clue how to even use it. It was a dumb impulse buy.... considering I don't understand computers that well. Am I hopeless or is there a tutorial on the basics like just starting a page?

Guest pebbles

I'm not familiar with Paint Shop Pro, I use Photoshop Elements 5 but there are tutorials here on Scrap Girls for that program.

http://www.scrapgirls.com/store/product.php?id=4062 I think this is the link for Ro's movies.

And it's not hopeless! The more you play around with your program the more you will learn. After I bought PSE5 and installed it I thought I had wasted my money! But as I started making pages, it got more familiar to me. I am still a long way from knowing how to use everything!

I didn't check the mail yet...going to do that now...I hope the magazine is there!

Guest Debbie F.

I received my magazine today, so don't give up hope. I live in Indiana. I had sent a e-mail last night telling them I had subscribed last year, but when I paid on-line it was showing $14.+. They checked and I did get the $11.99 price so that was good and they also said I should receive my magazine by March 20. Anyway, just wanted to let you know the magazine is real and is in the mail.

Deb.

Guest spec_ed

I went online last night to find out the status of my subscription - turns out that I won't be getting my first issue until Jun/Jul.

I was really disappointed, so this morning I ventured out to Chapters and picked up the premier issue there. So glad that I did ... can hardly wait for the next one!

Guest K Scrappy

Oh good. Seems like I've been waiting for ages! :)

I received my magazine today, so don't give up hope. I live in Indiana. I had sent a e-mail last night telling them I had subscribed last year, but when I paid on-line it was showing $14.+. They checked and I did get the $11.99 price so that was good and they also said I should receive my magazine by March 20. Anyway, just wanted to let you know the magazine is real and is in the mail.

Deb.

Guest dawnsmemories

I was charged the 14 something also and then rec'd a bill yesterday in the mail for 11! Ugh, I have to call them tomorrow I guess. I can't wait to see it in the mailbox although I did buy one at Barnes & Noble I will give the extra copy to my neighbor, if I end up with an extra copy.

Dawn

My magazine arrived in yesterday's mail! I'm in Pennsylvania, so my fellow Northeast'rs should be seeing it soon. I only got half way through it, but I like what I've seen so far.

Except that one little fact that Scrap Girls needs more representation in it. ;)

Guest kshabowski

I was working with a woman in their Customer Service Department and she was very helpful. I needed to change my subscription over from April Anderton's mag. She was even nice enough to mail me the premiere issue even though my sub wouldn't start until the second issue. I really enjoyed the issue and it's worth the wait. I must say, I get annoyed when I get the invoice before the free sample magazine so I can understand people's frustrations. Hang in there and trust that it will all work out.

Kathy

I couldn't stand it any longer. I went to the bookstore yesterday and go the magazine. It looks great!! I love how they introduced the staff on the magazine and showed their scrapping style. If I end up getting mine in the mail I will pass one along to my sister who I keep trying to get into digital scrapping.

jenn

Guest pebbles

Rebecca, I'm in PA too but haven't received it yet! Maybe today?! It looks like my subscription runs out 1/2008 so I should be getting it soon...right?!!! {crosses fingers}

I got an email from them yesterday saying mine would arrive in the mail in 2 weeks. I only signed up for it on their website about 3 weeks ago... I think. Of course I saw it a barnes & noble on saturday and bought it. :) I couldn't wait. I guess I'll have 2? hmm

Im glad you all are getting yours! mine has been a dilema... almost going to give up getting it. First i signed up online... 2 weeks later, they said they dont have any info... so customer service sets up an account through emails. Then they wanted to charge me 34 dollars! got it back to the advertized 14 on the website.... now its been 2 weeks again. And i go look at my account services and my subscription is SUSPENDED!!!!! due to no payment... but i payed in the beginning and customer service didnt say a thing but that my first issue will be on its way. So now i have to wait 7-10 days for my payment to apply... then 2 weeks delivery after that???? this is so crazy!!!!

Angela

Guest K Scrappy

Boy, some people have two magazines and then some of us have none. Hmmmm.... I'm just waiting patiently to be one of the cool kids. :)-

Guest Sharebear57

Oh good! I am glad to hear that you got in Pennsylvania, Rebecca. I hope this means mine is on it's way, too!

Archived