Acdsee And White Pngs

theskirt

I have a question for all you ACDSee aficionados...How can you view pngs that are white?

I am using the trial version (which I love), but one reason I decided to try it out was the promise of seeing my white files. Is there a step that I am missing? I've only used it for a week...

I appreciate any help that can be given!

Thanks!

Christine

Gosh, I'm hardly an afficianado... but I don't think so. Not that I remember. I'm actually on the message boards using my work computer (for shame!) so, until I get home, I can't say for sure. If I find more out tonight, I'll let you know.

Guest Sharebear57

I am pretty sure you can you do it... in fact, I think that is one of the big advertising points of ACDSee... but I have never used it, so I can't help you. (sorry) But, I think there are a bunch of people here who do use it, so hopefully one of them will read this post and be able to help you out! Good Luck!

http://www.digiscrapinfo.com/

This is a website that has a lot of tutorials specifically for using ACDsee for digiscrapping. I know there is a tutorial specifically for changing the settings to work for white PNGs. Hope that helps.... I am still waiting for the Vista upgrade, so my ACDSee is not working at the moment.

:)

http://www.digiscrapinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29

Here is the stickied forum topic about viewing the PNGs.

Here's how to do it.

Select Tools/Plug-ins/Plug-in settings.

A new box pops up. Click on the "image decode" tab.

In the list, click on "IDE_ACDStd.apl" You'll note that the files types include png.

Once you have this file highlighted, click on the properties button below the list and a new box pops up.

Click on the "background color" box, which opens a new box.

Choose a new color and click "OK" and then click "OK" again on the remaining box.

Roxanna,

ACDSee is a program many people are using to organize their digital files. It allows you to categorize them and view previews.

I like the fast that it's easy to use and it loads fast. I had started using PSE4's organizer, but it was really slow and I found it confusing.

Another benefit is that you can also view fonts in this program.

They offer a 30 day free trial so you can see if you like it first.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to TeaScrapper and LissaD! I can see my white stuff now! And the other tutorials were helpful as well!

I decided to get the trial version of ACDSee for the same reason as TeaScrapper, my PSE5's organizer was sooo slow, and it made the editor slow as well! ACDSee is much faster, and now that I can see all of my elements I am definately purchasing it.

Thanks Again!

Guest faerywings

I have been using ACDSee since November- I was so happy to get away from PSE Organizer. That ran sooo slooooooooowwww.

And definitely head over to digiscrapinfo, the ladies there are phenomenal. Connie helped me last week for over an hour on Hello, so I didn't lose my database.

http://www.digiscrapinfo.com/

This is a website that has a lot of tutorials specifically for using ACDsee for digiscrapping. I know there is a tutorial specifically for changing the settings to work for white PNGs. Hope that helps.... I am still waiting for the Vista upgrade, so my ACDSee is not working at the moment.

:)

http://www.digiscrapinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29

Here is the stickied forum topic about viewing the PNGs.

Hi Lissa,

The Vista version for ACDSee is available now! I have the link for the download & information on our blog.

Archived