Acdsee Users...

Guest dawnsmemories

Guest dawnsmemories

Ok - I started out trying to organize as Ro suggests with file folders on my hard drive, then I discovered ACDSee. I love it however, do you have on your EHD or where ever all of your digital stuff just there in one folder and then organize in ACDSee?

I am asking because ever since starting ACDSee, I just have all files extracted to a folder called unzipped and then in ACDSee I organize it. But I have tons that are organized in seperate folders on the EHD and those are organinzed in ACDSee too.

I just want to see how others are doing it with this program.

Thanks!

Dawn

:walkinghelmet:

Dawn,

I have my stuff organized under one big folder (DigitalDesigners) which is subdivided by designer name (ie: Thao Cosgrove, Erica Hite, etc.). In each Designer folder, I have folders for Kits, Embellishments, Alphas, Stamps, etc., you know, the way things are packaged and sold. Each package I buy is then unzipped into its own folder in the proper designer's folder according to what it is. So, if I were to unzip Angie's new Fit To Be Tied elements, its folder path would look like this:

E:/DigitalDesigners/AngieBriggs/Embellishments/FitToBeTied

Then I organize that final folder in ACDSee. This folder contains the previews, TOU info, instructions, samples, etc. as well as the basic digital files.

This way, there is still some organization on my hard drive. (It's easy for me to remember things by designer, so I have structured my basic organization that way.)

I hope that makes sense, and maybe helps you out some with your question. :)

Guest siraacsa

Hi Dawn, I actually organise my files via Ro's folder structure, but I view them in Acdsee, I do this rather than organising in Acdsee only because I had been doing it this way way before I come across the software.

I think though that if I had the software fight from the start I would do as Heidi does.

Guest dawnsmemories

:thanks::thanks: thank you ladies... I need to figure out something as I get lost trying to see what needs organized as there are so many folders that it will take hours... I think to get through this, I will just unzip to a dated folder so at least I can get moving and then gradually move the files to the proper places but that will at least move things along.

I love looking for papers, etc as the the tags/categories are so easy to use as long as they are tagged! LOL

Thanks again! :giggle_bear:

Dawn

Archived