Hello Girls! My name is Bobbie

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bobnbear

bobnbear
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2004 - 08:36 AM

Hello and a good day to everyone! Wow this is exciting, a new board of friends to chat with and share info with!!! I found you thru another girl on Scrapjazz forum. This place sounds so great.
I live in Colorado Springs Colorado and have been scrapbooking for soon to be 3 years now. I have a wonderful hubby whom I just adore and am the mother of three beautiful daughters ages 17,22,25. and I have the most wonderful (and may I say handsome) grandson named Jalen who is now three years old. I find that he is my favorite thing to scrap about!! Anytime his is in a photo I scrap double pages, one for my book and one for his book. I started doing this when he was born (my daughter is not a creative soul) and I find that it is a wonderful way for me to leave him a legacy of our relationship, my feelings and hopes and dreams for him. My own mother passed away when my girls were 3 and 18 months so they do not remember her except with what I have told them, and I didnt want this to happen to Jalen and I. So now I write him all of the time on everything I am thinking about. Wow am I ever long winded today, sorry girls! Anyway I just wanted to say hello to you all and will be talking to you real soon!

Bobbie
When life gives you Scraps...Scrapbook!

#2 Ro

Ro
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2004 - 02:03 PM

Welcome, Bobbie!

My grandson, Raevyn, is three years old too. Lots of new fun layouts to do, huh?

#3 scrappingdiva

scrappingdiva
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2004 - 02:22 PM

Welcome to the board. I too am excited about meeting everyone and learning from others. Glad to have you here

#4 bobnbear

bobnbear
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2004 - 02:24 PM

Oh my gosh yes there are so many fun layouts to do for a three year old!! And even better, I finally have a boy to do layouts for! I have three daughters, and now that there is a boy in the family its great to do boy stuff for a change, even if they are a little crazier than girls!!hehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

#5 Betsy

Betsy

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 04:26 PM

Hi Bobbie! Welcome! :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 ScrappingForever

ScrappingForever

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 06:47 PM

Hi Bobbie!

I know all about scrapping for boys! Have two of the little stinkers, ages 5 and 8.
And I know what you mean about getting a chance to scrap other photos. When I get a chance to make a girly girl page, I go all out with flowers and pink and frills and lace! So much fun!!!
Jan

#7 varanda

varanda

whatevah

• Members
  • 8,467 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 12:35 PM

Hi Bobbie!

What a great gift for your grandson. I wish my family had preserved their memories better, especially in the moment like you are doing. Time has a way of distorting things, and my folks' memories are not too strong anymore.

Welcome to the board!
Valerie

#8 bobnbear

bobnbear
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2004 - 07:34 AM

Thanks so much for all of the welcomes everyone! I love being here!

#9 faithfulscrapper

faithfulscrapper
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2004 - 08:45 PM

Hi!!! What a beautiful gift for your grandson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users