How Do I Round Corners?

gaillovely

I'm in PSE5 but it might be the same

I go to the shapes tool, and the 'shapes' catagory, choose the rounded corner rectangle/square, draw the shape, simplify it, place my paper or photo over top of that, hit ctrl+G to create a clipping mask, make sure my paper or photo is positioned how I want it, then hit ctrl+E to merge. Viola! Rounded corners!

I have PSE 4.0 and I cannot find the 'shapes tool' (maybe I am just blind!). I found the 'custom shapes tool', that I don't think that is the same thing. Thank you for your guidance :).

- Angie

Instead of left clicking on the Custom Shapes Tool to choose it, try right clicking it instead. I think this should give you a little menu and Rounded Rectangle Tool should be one of the choices. That should be the one you're looking for.

Guest faerywings

Another way you could try it would be to use your marquee tool- chose elliptical. Drag the marquee out where you want it, the "Select Inverse." and delete.

If you put a feathering on it, you can even make a fuzzy/vingette type feel to the photo.

I have PSE 4.0 and I cannot find the 'shapes tool' (maybe I am just blind!). I found the 'custom shapes tool', that I don't think that is the same thing. Thank you for your guidance :).

- Angie

I use PSE4 too. The custom shape tool looks a little like a caption. Whatever I have used last, the custom shape tool, rectangle tool, etc is the one that displays on my tool bar. Whatever is displayed, click on it. Then look across the top of your page. You will see a menu of things. Over to the left you will see a rectange tool and beside it is the rounded rectangle tool. Click the rounded one and you can select the rounding radius. Then drag away and create those rounded rectangles!

I saw this thread a few days ago and have already made a layout with my great rounded rectangles!

Jenn

Anyone know why my rounded rectangle corner tool is giving me sharp corners? I have reset the tools and closed and reopened PSE3 but it still won't work!

Guest sfcgijill

Here's what I do: I use the eraser tool- load Ro's fancy corners for the brush shape- and it's just like using a paper punch! One click and the sharp corner is gone.

Click on the eraser tool

Go up to the brush palette, click on the little circle with the arrow in it

Click on Load brushes

Ro's fancy corners

click on the one you want

mouse over the layout so you can see how big the brush is- resize if necessary, make the opacity 100%

click on the part of the photo you want gone, and it erases it

In PSE you can rotate the brush, in PSCS you have to rotate the photo to get to all the corners.

PSE comes with some really cool custom shapes. There are SO many neat-o shapes to choose from. Erin's instructions will work for any of the shapes. Look through all of the different shape menus. I'm sure you will find some ones that you really like!

~Kel :winking_baby:

Here's what I do: I use the eraser tool- load Ro's fancy corners for the brush shape- and it's just like using a paper punch! One click and the sharp corner is gone.

Click on the eraser tool

Go up to the brush palette, click on the little circle with the arrow in it

Click on Load brushes

Ro's fancy corners

click on the one you want

mouse over the layout so you can see how big the brush is- resize if necessary, make the opacity 100%

click on the part of the photo you want gone, and it erases it

In PSE you can rotate the brush, in PSCS you have to rotate the photo to get to all the corners.

Yes!! Ro's Fancy Corners with the eraser tool are just like the old-fashioned punches!

• 9 months later...

OMG I spent like 4 hours of my life trying to figure this out and for the life of me just couldn't get it.

Finaly what I did was I used Word ... Yes microsoft word ... to get the shape I wanted ... used a flow chart shape and filled it in with the picture I wanted then copy pasted it into photoshop......

I'm so ticked now at the time i wasted trying to figure this out!!!!!!

Guess I should have searched more in the message borads huh that will teach me!

Archived