Faith Journey Crop - Monday, 19 Mar 9 Pm Et

ScrappingForever

It's almost time to meet again for our Faith Journey crop. Once again, Keri and I will be providing word art with which you can make a layout. We will also have some questions prepared to help open discussion of where we are on our journies.

Everyone is welcome to join us in the chat room. We hope to see you all there! :)

Word Art Link - Bring The Rain

Guest AZTechnoScrapper

I'd be interested in this crop, but I'm not Christian. Is this going to be a problem? I don't want to offend other participants, nor have my own path attacked. (Healthy debate is great fun, and another story....)

Can you please advise me? Thanks!

K, we would love to have you. That is one thing Keri and I discussed when we first starting talking about this. We realize that we all come from different faith and backgrounds, and we don't ever want anyone to feel left out, or like they can't participate. We are all on a journey through this life, and we all need the love and support we get from each other.

Having said that, please know that most of the group are Christians, and that we discuss our faith openly in these chats. As long as you're comfortable with that, I think I'm safe to say that the other people in the group would love to have you participate and join in on the discussions!

Also, much of the Word Art that we create does come from a Christian perspective, and may be Bible verses. Of course, you can use these or not, as the inspiration strikes. :)

One thing I have learned about the members of SG is we are very open to others beliefs and opinions. We try very hard to be inclusive and non judgemental. I for one enjoy talking to non christians as the more I learn the more alike I belive we are!

Please come!

Guest AZTechnoScrapper

Thanks everyone for your kind responses. I agree -- the more people share their spiritual paths, the more we find out that we're walking different roads to the very same place. :conversation: Where do I find the prepared questions to help guide Monday's discussion?

Guest dawnsmemories

Oh good! I was afraid it was the following week and that is Spring Break and I will be gone (visiting in MD!)... I hope to be there! WE have a soccer game at 6:30cst so I hope we are back in time.

Dawn

Okay here is a newbie question.... I have done 2 of the online chat/classes. The last one I did on journaling was great! I think the reason I felt ok about it was because I wasn't toggling back and forth between chat room and my software. The blending mode class that I did ended up stressing me out. I felt like I had to rush through everything. I learned stuff but it was hard for me to jump back and forth. So, with that in mind, is the crop something where people go back and forth between the chatroom and their scrapping software or do people talk more about their ideas for their layout? Just wondering if I should give it a try. ( I probably will anyway. Just want to know how to prepare myself.)

Thanks! Jenn

Hi Jenn!

No, this is more of a chat, and chance to discuss where we are in our faith, get support if we need it...that kind of thing. We do provide word art if you want to make a layout, with the idea that you will have a nice album completed about your faith, but you're not expected to do that during the chat.

Hope you can make it!

Ack! One of these months I'm going to make this chat for the entire chat! I'd like to think I'd be home in time on Monday to attend, but I'll be driving back home from our trip, and I'm not exactly known for getting home early from a road trip. :P

I'll be thinking of you all and praying for you all as I cruise down the highway...

p.s. - K., I think it's great that you want to attend the chat. :)

Guest cathyok

Looking forward to chatting with everyone! Sounds like spring time is already busy for everyone! Know that we will miss you and are thinking about you!

Guest dawnsmemories

Love it!!! Awesome job! Was it by you Jan?

Dawn

PS - I'll be a feww minutes late, need to tuck in kiddos and rehook up laptop in tv room so hubby doesn't get upset

Guest firecracker55

I'm so sorry I missed the chat tonight. For some reason I was booted out of the chat room and then I couldn't get back in. Thanks so much for the word art. I am going to print it out and put it on my bulletin board. Perhaps next time I will be able to join in.

It was a great group and discussion. Jan and Keri did an excellent job! Looking forward to next month already! Love the song and the word art!

Archived