What Is Your Top Digital Design Problem?

Guest Ro

What is your top digitial design problem?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, guys. This curious cat wants to know what you are thinking. These are some guess that I made. Which one fits you the best? And once you have voted, I'd sure like to know more about why you voted that way.

Want to know what my vote is?

Feeling like I have to do something that looks publishable every time I scrap. Oh come on. Like people are beating down the door to make me a scrapbooking maven, right? (Okay, I've had some success. But I'm not some scrapping genius or something. NO WAY - JOSE!)

I consider myself to be the most average scrapper on the planet. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Maybe it's a good thing because people look at my layouts and think, "Hey, I could do that!"

Maybe it's a bad thing because people look at my layouts and think, "Who is she trying to kid?"

Maybe it doesn't matter ONE little bit what anybody thinks. I tend to think that this is the correct answer.

My reality is I have to do "speed scrapping" these days. Too many samples too fast to be too picky.

But the little worrier in me still rears her little head sometimes....

Worry. Worry. Worry.

Guest bonafromp47
I'm new to digital sb but love it ! I have a hard time finding different elements to use with my pages,and sometimes getting them to look like they are hooked on,if they are hanging.Is there a simple way to do that ? so many of the kits , have elements that look the same only a different color, and i can change the color of something when i want to, but i'd like to see more unusual elements ! :disappearing-smilie:

Guest risngsun24
I'm so new to this that picking one thing was hard ;) For now, my problem is not having enough time to do everything but I'm hoping that changes after my dh's knee heals and he's able to go back to work (and OUT of my hair! lol).

I have found that all my LOs tend to be similar in design, and that's a rut I *need* to bust out of. I looked through my album the other day and thought - "boy, I sure found one design that works and resort to it a lot, huh?"

And the pressure to design publishable work, and the not having enough time and ... AUGH!

It was a toss-up between Figuring out what to do with my layouts once I've created them (how do I store them and/or print them) and Not having enough time. I went with the first one. I seem to have pages that don't "go" together, so for now I'm printing them out in an 8x8 album that is in no order and someday I'll organize them

I am definately pressured to design my own stuff...I am not sure why I feel this way. I guess because scrapbooking is so personal to me. To get the same digital effect that I get from paper means, to me, designing my own papers and embellishments...

Guest talina
Not enough time...no question. I mean, a lot of your other choices apply to me as well, but if I had more time to do what I love...I am about to have a week off, maybe then I will feel more 'accomplished'...at least more productive scrapping-wise, although I have a lot of other things planned for the week! :wacko:

At the moment, it's the number of photos. All of the above applied to me just a few days ago. Right now, I seem to have hit a creative streak. Challenges really have helped me just dive right into the LOs. It's also making me want to be sure my LOs are a little different. And, as my epitaph will say, "does that make sense?"

Shai

Guest alamodedesigns
I picked not enough time, but a number of others apply too. If I had more time, it would help with the other problems on the list.

Guest Doxy_Chic
I would have to say that I don't know enough about it yet. Being only a paper scrapper going to digital is all new stuff to me and to add to that I am also new to digital photography and learning how and where to store everything. I do have broderbund CK Scrapbook designer deluxe (very cool and lots of fun to use)I also have PSP pro but find psp very confusing. I think once I learn it better I will be able to utilize all the cool features it offers.

Guest qadgetqueen
:justthinkingabout it: I still have to get my pictures sorted and saved to cds. Then learn the software. I'll start unziping all my files then start doing layouts.

Sylvia in TN

Guest Mistie
I picked not knowing enough about digital scrapbooking to do it. I am still very much a newbie and I STILL havent made a digital layout yet! I am very confused and trying to figure stuff out LOL. I think it is because I dont know how to ask questions pertaining to what I am trying to do.

Guest Mistie
Opps, forgot to add my name! Say, how do you get the I love Scrapgirls blinkie? Can someone show this newbie how? If that is ok?

[quote name='Mistie' date='Mar 31 2005, 07:23 PM']Opps, forgot to add my name!  Say, how do you get the I love Scrapgirls blinkie? Can someone show this newbie how?  If that is ok?
[right][post="7059"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hi Mistie!
You can get the blinkie here:
[url="http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=168"]http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=168[/url]

I think to add it to your sig line, like I have, you have to have it "hosted" somewhere. I put mine at [url="http://www.photobucket.com"]http://www.photobucket.com[/url] and then I link to it in my signature line which can be changed at "my controls" at the top of the page.

I can do it all, if only I had 5 times as many hours in each day or a secretary, or a maid, a mom, an assistant, gal friday, marketing guru (aside from RO!) a web master, a computer tech and an archivist or maybe all of the above!

Love the digi scrapping, love creating the kits, love making the samples, but the frenzy of all this creativity is a messy studio!

Guest Jadedolphin
I chose not knowing enough. I'm new to scrapping in both forms.
I don't know how to open some files or alter them to my needs etc. which frustrates me. I need things to be in plain english - step by step! LOL!!

Guest Mistie
[quote name='scrapdiva73' date='Mar 31 2005, 02:37 PM'][quote name='Mistie' date='Mar 31 2005, 07:23 PM']Opps, forgot to add my name!  Say, how do you get the I love Scrapgirls blinkie? Can someone show this newbie how?  If that is ok?
[right][post="7059"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hi Mistie!
You can get the blinkie here:
[url="http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=168"]http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=168[/url]

I think to add it to your sig line, like I have, you have to have it "hosted" somewhere. I put mine at [url="http://www.photobucket.com"]http://www.photobucket.com[/url] and then I link to it in my signature line which can be changed at "my controls" at the top of the page.
[right][post="7061"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]
Hi Brandie, thanks for the info. I have registered for the photobucket and tried to put the blinkie url in and it doesnt do anything. Is it suppose to? Thanks Brandie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Laura_A
I'm fairly new to the digital scrapping world but, just like in my paper work, I pressure myself way too much to create a masterpiece every time! So, that's what I voted. I'm my worst critic.

Guest diazcamille
I need more help coming up with new designs. I love to scraplift, otherwise my layouts really would all look the same!

Guest dhyland
A lot of these apply to me, not enough time, need more elements/kits I like to go with my pics, too many pictures, etc. If only I did not have this darn job to do everyday! :D

Guest Annie
I was going to vote for not enough time, because I don't but when I do find time I often have to use to much of it trying to find just the right embellishment to use and end up settling for second best. This is more frustrating for me than not having the time.

Guest darklighter
I voted pressuring myself, but that was probably the closest... I feel that from looking at all the amazing layouts, I have trouble just doing something simle. The basic get it done thing.

Susan

Guest linda_wm
seems the really artistic beautiful LOs that I do attracts the most attention. But I am alittle tired of doing these and would like some theme stuff. Hawaii, wedding oriented, sailing, kids activities, swimming. I have general kits I can use but with kids, sometimes I'm not striving for gorgeous LOs but LOs which would be quick and easy to do. There are lots of stuff out there that are pretty similar but with the paper stuff there are vendors that specializes in theme stuff and they seem to stay in business...

Guest Lady Jane
I need to find different ways to do layouts and not get myself into the rut of doing them the same all of the time

Guest triciadoll
For me...it's just not having enough time to do it all. When I come home from work it seems like in no time at all it's time to go to bed. And, that's usually when I'm right in the middle of an awesome layout!

Guest katiec
The problem that I currently have is that I kept re-designing the same page with the favorite photo over and over. ALso, I have bought too many page set kits and did not know which one is the right one for my favorite photos !!!

Kate

Guest Vania16
I voted for not enough time, but I also feel like I run out of ideas, or at least that I could always use more. I'm only about four monts in to digital scrapping, but I'm fascinated by all the possibilities! Now if I could just add like three more hours to my day . . .

Lisa

Guest Romika
[font="Optima"][color="Navy"] Ro...I gotta admit I'm with you...feeling like I have to do something "publishable" every time I come to the 'puter with a new roll of photos. Don't get me wrong...I love TechnosScrapping...in fact, I'm too "chicken" to do it any othe way.

It's funny, I'll take all sorts of risks with papers and embellishments when I'm working on cards, or journals, but give me a traditionally processed photo and one chance to crop it and I'm shakin' in my boots! :wobbly-eyes:

I love the freedom PSE 3.0 gives me...and unless I'm making a special gift album for someone whom I know likes to touch "lumpy" textured pages, I'm a digi-grrl all the way.

-K[/color][/font]

Guest lesliefavela
Yep, time is my biggest issue, too. As for making my pages, I do what I like. And I spend way too much time messing around looking for the just the right color or font. But I do it for me. Celebrate your creativity and your work will show everyone who you are! That's all that really matters anyway, right? :)

Archived