What Is Your Top Digital Design Problem?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your top digitial design problem? (99 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your top digitial design problem?

1. Getting the text to show up like I'd like it to (4 votes [4.04%])

Percentage of vote: 4.04%

2. Finding the right kind of embellishments to use (5 votes [5.05%])

Percentage of vote: 5.05%

3. Coming up with new ways to do layouts. Mine are starting to look the same (14 votes [14.14%])

Percentage of vote: 14.14%

4. Not finding stuff that match my pictures. I need more theme stuff (2 votes [2.02%])

Percentage of vote: 2.02%

5. Feeling overwhelmed by how many pictures I have to scrap (6 votes [6.06%])

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

6. Feeling like I have to do something that looks publishable every time I scrap (I pressure myself too much) (16 votes [16.16%])

Percentage of vote: 16.16%

7. Not having enough time to do it all (26 votes [26.26%])

Percentage of vote: 26.26%

8. Thinking that I need to design everything myself. I'll have a scrapbook the size of a mini album if I keep this up (1 votes [1.01%])

Percentage of vote: 1.01%

9. Wanting to try to scrap digitally, but feeling like I don't know enough about it (18 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

10. Figuring out what to do with my layouts once I've created them (how do I store them and/or print them) (7 votes [7.07%])

Percentage of vote: 7.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 wings

wings
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2005 - 07:37 AM

I have a huge backlog of pictures. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed by the number of pictures I have that I don't know where to start, and I just close up shop and do something else.

Here's another problem I have--once I finally get started, I spend so much time moving things around and playing with the elements that I have to make a conscious decision to just STOP with the layout, already!

#32 esmom98

esmom98

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:14 AM

It's so silly that I feel like everything needs to be able to be published. I don't even submit that often. I see a lot of neat ideas in magazines and on the board that I don't use because I want to be "original". This means less pages done and more stress!

My best friend would just say, "Get over it!" LOL.

Juliana
Juliana

#33 lesliefavela

lesliefavela

I Made it! I'm a Top-Dog Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 06:18 PM

It's so silly that I feel like everything needs to be able to be published.  I don't even submit that often.  I see a lot of neat ideas in magazines and on the board that I don't use because I want to be "original".  This means less pages done and more stress!

My best friend would just say, "Get over it!" LOL.

Juliana

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your friend is right. Do pages that you like. You are the only one who has to like them!
Everything happens for a reason.

Leslie

#34 Twinmom628

Twinmom628
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:42 PM

Not enough time. And to further clarify that, not enough *continuous-solid-block-of-time* I can get about 10-15 mins before I hear, "Mooooommmmmyyyyyy."

#35 lesliefavela

lesliefavela

I Made it! I'm a Top-Dog Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 01:56 AM

Not enough time.  And to further clarify that, not enough *continuous-solid-block-of-time* I can get about 10-15 mins before I hear, "Mooooommmmmyyyyyy."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha Or, "He hit me!" lol
Everything happens for a reason.

Leslie

#36 momentousangel

momentousangel

Hope You Have A Happy Scrappy Day!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 04:12 AM

"Thinking that I need to design everything myself. I'll have a scrapbook the size of a mini album if I keep this up" my dh is just standing here laughing & shaking his head saying "Yep, that's my wife, :rofl: If only he knew how much I could really use a new ink cartridge, lol. I don't dare tell him I need a new one, since he just got three not even a week ago, lol. It takes alot of ink t oprint all the onderful things I've been making and getting here at scrapgirls. :rofl: And that's not counting all of the lo's I've printed for my family back east, ;)
Posted Image

To have a friend is to have a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold and an extra pair of legs when yours are too weak to stand alone...

I have been living buried in books and writing classes... as an added note I must say that it is rather scary when you start dreaming and all you can see within your dreams is words floating everywhere!

Posted Image
Valerie Lynn Harrell is the published author of a book of poetry, titled "A Little Girl Lost... Was Found Through Her Writing"

#37 CathyRose

CathyRose

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:35 PM

How about "all of the above"? That is really the choice I needed. My biggest challenge is to say the lo is finished and that is it. I always want to tweak it some more and am never totally satisfied with it. That is one reason I love digital, even after you are finished, you can change the BG paper or redo the size of the photo!
Cathy

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks. ~Author Unknown

#38 EJay

EJay
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:18 PM

i have a hard time with putting the letters where i want them to be at it takes me a long time to get them where i want them

#39 Tigerbaby1981

Tigerbaby1981

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  • Personal Statement:foreverhealthyaloe@hotmail.com

Posted 12 October 2006 - 11:00 AM

voted not enough time but most of the other would work also. im new to digi scrapping and not really sure of what im doing.. plus I was having hard time in paper scrapping matching and coming up with new ideas.
~*Jennifer*~

Posted Image Posted Image

Parker (May 30th 2006) and Abbygale (Sept 25 2007)

#40 ruralscrapper

ruralscrapper

Too Much Chattin, Not Enough Scrappin!

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:22 PM

My biggest problem is that I want to really learn to digi scrap good. I guess in some ways I am a perfectionist! I've been a paper girl for 10 years..and it's hard to adjust. I look at my page and feel like there is always something missing. But I guess I need to come to terms that I can change a lo any time I want..it's not like paper. I also have years and years of photos that need to be sb... I guess I will catch onto this eventually right?
My Gallery

Paths clear before those who know where they're going and are determined to get there. -- Leonard Roy Frank
Posted Image

#41 sunnie2004

sunnie2004

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 10,774 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am me nothing more nothing less!

Laurie in Pa took my photo for my photo! TY!!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:20 PM

Finding the right way for eyes to like what I did with my pictures & wanting to make my own stuff without the right knowledge to do it

caren
Posted ImagePosted Image
My blog I play with pscs3 !!!
over 5055 gallery comments left!! Imagine I did this stuff

Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 CC from AZ

CC from AZ

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:59 PM

All of the above would fit, too. I find myself still wanting to learn more and more but never putting it to screen or paper. and I have years of photos to do.
Have a Great Day!!!

CC

#43 Ngaire

Ngaire

Scrapgirls Wise One

• Members
  • 18,884 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:01 PM

Mine is not knowing enough. I'm always looking at how everything is done and thinking wow wish I knew how to do that and then when I get the opportunity to learn don't seem to be able to retain what I have learnt. LOL

#44 sfcgijill

sfcgijill

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:41 PM

My layouts ARE starting to look pretty much the same- good thing I like that look! But, seriously, I would like to try new things, hence the brushwork class and other forays into digital learning.
Good things happen when you do good things.

#45 scrappylibrarian

scrappylibrarian

What are YOU reading today?

• Members
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:12 PM

Hmm, cannot even come close to selecting just one. Top two would be time and lack of creativity. Must look to you all for inspiration!
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users