So...i'm Brand New To The Digi World...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FanC100

FanC100
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2005 - 01:33 PM

I am in photoshop and yes I have used it for other things. I get how to use the alphabets and all the single downloaded items....I cannot figure out how to open the kits that are available.
I really only started playing with this - This Morning!! :) I can't believe I put it off for so long. I have been a hard core paper scrapper for 8 years. I do have a little old scrapbook program from HP but have mostly used it for signs and web design stuff...I really love hammering and sticking physical things.
Thought I'd try this out and it is fuuuunnn
So how do I do it??
I get that there is some unzip to go through...where do I find it or how do I do it?? Bet it is really obvious :rolleyes:

Thanks To All!!

Love the free downloads...the store designers are fabulous!

FanC100

#2 Ro

Ro

Founder

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,434 posts
  • Personal Statement:I'm a geek. I'm a writer. I'm a philosopher. I'm a person of faith. I'm me.

Posted 24 March 2005 - 01:56 PM

Hi!

If you are running XP, all you have to do to unzip the files is right-click on the file and then choose "Extract All" from the pop-up menu. Then, as it goes through the process, you can either choose to let it extract to the same location (recommended) or you can choose a new location.

If you aren' running XP, you may need to get an unzip utility like WinZip, or SnapZip to unpack it for you. Just Google up the phrase, "unzipping a file" or something like that and you will find a lot of good ones. These utilities will do the work and each has it's only process to do it but many times it is as simple as double-clicking on the file for your utility to come up and ask you where you want it to be unzipped to.

Warning about the digital scrapbooking - it is addicting. :D

If you have Photoshop, use that! It is the best ever. We have some free tutorial movies about getting started in the University and I used Photoshop when I made them.

Look forward to getting to know you more.

Life is an adventure of many colors. Enjoy the view.

Visit my gallery
My designs and tutorials in the Scrap Girls Boutique

gallery_3_358_20276.pngButton_Founder.png

#3 bonafromp47

bonafromp47
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2005 - 02:39 PM

right click, extract all, in xp, it will ask you where to extract to?i make a new folder for each site and extract to their site that i get them at, (good way to remember where , so as to give credits to the maker of the kit ) took me a little while to learn that when i first started digi! another great thing in the ps, is when you open your folder to take the piece to your layout, its just drag and drop , and thats a Great Feature for making digi layouts ... digi is addictive !!!! GOOD LUCK , and Have Fun !!!!

#4 FanC100

FanC100
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2005 - 06:08 PM

Thanks guys, I figured it out and I guess our zip had expired or something...got a tester off the internet and now I'm on my way :D

#5 talina

talina

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 11:57 PM

Can't wait to see what you come up with...Oh, and bonafromp47, great advice!

Happy Scrapping!
Talina

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users