Cycle Thru Blend Modes

To cycle through all the blend modes quickly using the keyboard, use Shift-+ (plus) to change to the next mode, and Shift-- (minus) to change to the previous mode. You need to be on the top blend layer. If the blending mode menu in the layers palette has an item highlighted, the keyboard shortcut may not work. If this happens, tap the ESC key and then try the shortcut again.

I got this tip from about.com.

• 2 months later...

I'm kind-of a fan of the mouse scroll technique, but if I have too many layers, it doesn't scroll through the blending modes, it scrolls down or up on the layers palette. Anyone know how to avoid this, or should I just go back to the shift +/shift-?

• 3 weeks later...
I'm kind-of a fan of the mouse scroll technique, but if I have too many layers, it doesn't scroll through the blending modes, it scrolls down or up on the layers palette. Anyone know how to avoid this, or should I just go back to the shift +/shift-?

The trick is to click on your blend mode label. That seems to work for me in PSP X. You have to be careful, however, to make the blend mode the active unit or else you'll scroll your psp graphic - or as you said, scroll through the layers- rather than the blend modes. I learned this by accident and was suddenly very surprised to find my paper changing colors instead of becoming larger as intended. It's sure a handy trick.

Msannie

Archived