Saving Workspace Area: Lo & Stuff In Photo Bin?

nicole_j

I have kind of a dumb question but I'm wondering and hoping there is a solution. (I'm using PSE 5)

Is there a way to save not only the LO your working on, but all the files that are in the current photo bin also. Is there a way to save all of it like some kind of workspace? I don't always like to put everything on the LO till I edit and tweek a lot of the files. Seems like with the spurts of minutes I get to work on it usually mean I have to close everything and hope to find all the things I want to use again. I was thinking about tagging everything for a particular LO with a "collection" tag in the organizer. Any advice? ...besides hurry the heck up and get something done at one sitting. LOL TIA

Guest siraacsa

Good question Nicole. I don't think that you can but then I am not in any way an expert on PSE5. I would love it too if someone said you could.

Guest kshabowski

I have been wondering this ever since I started with PSE3. I have PSE5 now and would dearly love love to find a way to do this...Hoping for a positive answer from someone...anyone?

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...
I have been wondering this ever since I started with PSE3. I have PSE5 now and would dearly love love to find a way to do this...Hoping for a positive answer from someone...anyone?

Kathy

Bump - I'm hoping someone will say yes if they see this on the list. It would be GREAT to be able to do this.

Jennifer

I was wondering the same thing last night too. I generally drag over to my bin all of the stuff I think I might want to use on my LO. Last night I just dragged a bunch of it onto the center of the LO that I thought I might want to add and then saved it that way. I figured I can always just hide the layers and then tweak them one at a time next time I work on that page.

Though I have now switched over to organizing my digital scrapping stuff with ACDSee, when I used Photoshop Album (the precursor of the Organizer in Photoshop Elements) I would use the Collections tab all the time to organize for future layouts.

Just like paper scrappers sometimes gather all their papers, embellishments, pictures, etc. into a special page protector/envelope in preparation for a crop, I would create a new layout collection for upcoming layouts I wanted to create. I would include the pics, papers/kits, embellishments, etc. that I wanted to use and they would be safe in the collection for when I wanted to use them.

Try it, it works great!

I do like Amy does. On a layout I'm creating, I add the extra layers (paper, etc) and try them out by turning them on and off. I don't delete them until I know for certain I don't want them.

I think it's a great idea to create a LO Collection for an upcoming theme or special LO. So many times I have something that is perfect only to forget what and where it was when I get around to needing it. A Collection would save a lot of time even though I have things pretty well sorted in the Organizer. Thanks for the inspiration!

Archived