4/2 Weekly Challenge

MovieStar

Melanie Johnson from our layout design team shared her idea for this challenge with me. I think it is a wonderful challenge!!

So here's her idea: take a photo of your desk (no cleaning it up first!) and then scrap a layout calling out some of the items on it.

Have fun and post your layouts to this gallery.

Like the plaque on my desk says " A cluttered desk is a sign on genius." LOL So come on...show us where you do your scrapping!!

THIS is a good challenge!

I did one in a chat once where you had to dump out your purse and then tell everyone EVERYTHING that was in it - fun to do too!

I MAY take this desk one on later this week!

THANKS!

I've always heard it said "If a cluttered desk is an indication of a cluttered mind, what do you supposed an empty desk would indicate?" :)

I don't really have a desk where I work on digital scrapbooking. That's my laptop's specialty at the moment. So I could take a photo of the couch or our dining room table. Otherwise I use my dh's desk, but he probably would be less than thrilled to have me sharing photos of it. ;)

Dilemmas, dilemmas...

~Zaz (who will be getting a lovely office all her own this summer)

Guest AZTechnoScrapper

My first thoughts on this challenge drifted to my studio space, and I thought, "Desk? Desk? I have a desk? OH yeah -- it's those long flat surfaces on either side of the room!" :rolleyes: I love challenges like this!

Gaillovely, I've done the "purse/bag" challenge you've referred to. Too much fun!

LOL I have a desk at work, a "work area" at home and we have three desks in our office. Can you say crowded and cluttered! LOL I think I will take a photo of all of them and one layout with 4 photos. Either I am a total genius or I am a great candidate for the TV show clean sweep! :D

Elizabeth

I've left you some love in the gallery!

Sooo - can you now please come to Sweden and tidy my space?!

:monkeydance:

LOL! Next visit to Sweden, and I'll stop on by!

My daughter watched and helped me scrap that page. She loved pointing out what was in the photo and showing me the item on my desk.

This was such a fun challenge...gave me quality time with DD while I scrapped, too!

Guest K Scrappy

I could cheat a little on this one and take a picture right now because I just cleaned it up this weekend. We had company for dinner and didn't want them to lose their children if they walked too close! :) I love the idea of this challenge. I'm in!

Uhh, okay, so you asked for it, lol!! Elizabeth, I swear, this is a cruel challenge! :D I promise (as you can tell from the picture) that I did not touch one thing before taking the shot. It was a lot of fun, however. Just not something I'll do with my messy bedroom or kitchen, lol! :)

Here's My Messy Desk.

Thanks for the fun! :)

I have posted my layout here:

http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...i&img=20417

It was fun to play with colors I never use (I am the mom of two teenage boys)... I am not satisfied with the outcome, but enjoyed the challenge and I learned how to do some new stuff (like fill in the "chipboard" arrows without losing the brown edges) - still more to learn though, TONS TO LEARN!

I scrap in an old abandoned dining room where I also run my business, fold laundry, do family bills etc...

Enjoy a look at my "inner sanctum"... Please share your ideas!

Thanks again for the great challenge!

Gail

Uhh, okay, so you asked for it, lol!! Elizabeth, I swear, this is a cruel challenge! :D I promise (as you can tell from the picture) that I did not touch one thing before taking the shot. It was a lot of fun, however. Just not something I'll do with my messy bedroom or kitchen, lol! :)

Here's My Messy Desk.

Thanks for the fun! :)

After seeing this supposedly "messy" desk, I'm definitely NOT doing this challenge!

Yall will have me committed after seeing "my space"... :embarrassed003:

Guest siraacsa

Come on Thess, I'm highly intrigued now. This is a great challenge, I love seeing everyones spaces. Great idea Mel.

Archived