4/2 Weekly Challenge

MovieStar

I'm glad you guys are getting into this challenge. It's fun to see everyone's creative space and how what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another. I just wish I were home so I could participate. I'm on vacation so I'm at my parent's house and checking e-mail from my mother's desk. I could scrap a LO of HER desk but it wouldn't really be the same thing, would it? Although it would certainly clear up why mine looks the way it does--hmmm... nature or nurture?...

I just wanted to share a quote I read the other day on the DST boards that I thought was hilarious. It's something that those of us with messy desks can cling to: "A clean house is a sign of a lazy scrapper." :D

Mel

Guest K Scrappy

Here's my messy desk. (I found out about this challenge after just picking up my desk, so you don't get to see it in it's full glory) I'd never clean it if it were up to me, but clutter drives my husband crazy. :) Thanks for such a fun challenge! (it's my first one!)

My Messy Desk

I'm a little late, but I thought this was such a neat idea - no pun intended, of course - I had to try it.

My Desk

For me, this is a small desk. For years of teaching, I had a U-shaped assemblage, in what was supposed to be our dining room. Most often, it resembled a landfill, layers and all, more than a desk. This is easier to keep more or less organized, but of course, I no longer have lesson plans and papers to grade taking up valuable scrapping space!

I'll pass on a case of desk envy: According to my high school English teacher, Louis Bromfield (an author who wrote from his Malabar Farm, not far from where I grew up) commissioned a desk - semicircular, with several levels of cubby holes stacked above the surface. When it was done, he sat down and discovered it was too tall for him. So he never used it, and wrote for the rest of his life on a card table. I have always wanted that desk!

Archived